• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

If only Murray could control his temper just a bit

Murrays best assets is his pace and defensive work

..and stamina/endurance...Paire is on his knees more than he can stand up at the minute :)

Nadal down by two sets by Muller, serve is so important on grass and hardcourt

I was mildly surprised Rafa bothered to enter. He had an injury which meant he missed Queen's and realistically he isn't going to win the tournament. Thought he might duck it like Fed did in Paris and prep hard for the US Open.

He hasn't got past this stage since 2011.

I know, he has had knee problems a long time because of his playing style..still think it is so boring with all these tall players getting at least a tie break in each set just because they can serve....

Federer is my favourite player all time in tennis..such technical ability and has it all, developing under such a long period of time.. thought Djokovic would challange that

His main assets, for me..hits the ball earlier than anybody..his consitency and can play whatever style..forgot he returns serve well

Federer is my favourite player all time in tennis..such technical ability and has it all, developing under such a long period of time.. thought Djokovic would challange that

Nah, fuck him. Probably the best player of all time but I'll never forgive him for the way he handled beating Roddick a few years back. The marathon final set.

Nah, fuck him. Probably the best player of all time but I'll never forgive him for the way he handled beating Roddick a few years back. The marathon final set.
Remember that game, don't remember the score though..amazing..always a gentleman Federer

I agree with you on Federer. Whilst he is charisma free he's the best player I've ever seen.

And bollocks to Andy Rodrick, bloke's an arrogant bellend..

I agree with you on Federer. Whilst he is charisma free he's the best player I've ever seen.

And bollocks to Andy Rodrick, bloke's an arrogant bellend..
He had a nice serve though..serve and volley game

By top tier standards, Roddick was a bit of a clogger. All forehand.

Roddick used to work out at my high school (his wife went there and we had a decent tennis complex). He was always a nice guy. Told me once that his arrogance was mostly a put-on, just trying to shut out negative noise from the media here that always lambasted him for being 2nd best.

Aye Dan, very good forehand too

:icon_lol:

What?! A mild roar of celebration after an absolute marathon final in the greatest grand slam event in the world?

Roddick himself has said it was the best moment of his career featuring in that game.

:icon_lol:

What?! A mild roar of celebration after an absolute marathon final in the greatest grand slam event in the world?

Roddick himself has said it was the best moment of his career featuring in that game.

Something about his speech afterward rubbed me the wrong way. Been a while but I remember it basically sounding like he thought he had just been toying with Roddick the whole time and never felt like he could lose.

Something about his speech afterward rubbed me the wrong way. Been a while but I remember it basically sounding like he thought he had just been toying with Roddick the whole time and never felt like he could lose.
You got it wrong Alan..nicest player on the tour..

Nadal under pressure 0-30 serving to stay in the match

Back