• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

You might be able to make a mathematical case for that if you take all common sense out of the equation. However she literally got stabbed through the hand a few months ago. She was as likely to win this as Laura Robson.

You might be able to make a mathematical case for that if you take all common sense out of the equation. However she literally got stabbed through the hand a few months ago. She was as likely to win this as Laura Robson.

she was having various difficulties yesterday in the match she lost. needing treatment on her hand - she struggles to grip the racket properly not surprisingly, plus a couple of other physical ailments

Womens draw looks wide open and i've not been able to see any live tennis really with work but surely there has to be someone at a decent price that could still win this year. Anyone that has been watching think anyone in particular could win this year?

Just looking at prices and Azarenka at 14/1 and Svitolina at 25/1 stick out but like i said not seen either play this tournament.

Azarenka has been not in the best form. If you want the outside the top ten chance then Ostapenko is probably it.

You can get Wozniacki at 20's. Made Q-F in Paris and finals in Dubai and Miami this year.

Have just looked and Konta is a clear favourite also. Around 5/1 with the likes of Halep, Vandeweghe and Kerber around 9's or 10's. Wouldn't be backing her at that price with just 1 x SF and 1 x QF in Slams behind her (both in Australia also)

You can get Wozniacki at 20's. Made Q-F in Paris and finals in Dubai and Miami this year.

Have just looked and Konta is a clear favourite also. Around 5/1 with the likes of Halep, Vandeweghe and Kerber around 9's or 10's. Wouldn't be backing her at that price with just 1 x SF and 1 x QF in Slams behind her (both in Australia also)

Yeah i do like Woz but she always struggles to get over the line at the business end of the bigger tournaments doesn't she. Konta is a ridiculous price imo.

Home betting isn't it? That plus she absolutely beat up Kerber last week

Halep should really be the favourite.

I guess the betting is all over the show because Serena isn't in the betting market.

Home betting isn't it? That plus she absolutely beat up Kerber last week

Halep should really be the favourite.

I guess the betting is all over the show because Serena isn't in the betting market.

Yeah that's exactly my thoughts to be honest which does mean that there are several in the market a couple of points too big. Had another look through and thrown a couple of darts at it fro a bit of fun, one from each side of the draw. Muguruza 12/1 from the top and Svitolina 25/1 from the bottom.

I doubt Tim Henman got very good grades in GCSE maths. He just said that 18 unforced errors in 10 games was "nearly three a game"...

Murray 2 sets to 1 up but 2-5 down in the fourth set

Murray struggled to hold his serve but has just broken back to 4-5 thanks to Fognini calling for a challenge when he didn't have one left

That's why he's the best in the business. Brilliant.

That's the first bit of the tennis I've managed to watch this week - Murray back from 2 - 5 down to win 7 - 5 in the fourth set

Great last game

He just fights and won't give up, it demoralises "lesser" players. Fognini was just playing "stand and deliver" smash tennis for most of that set and it got into Murray's head a little but he got through it in style

Konta through. Hard match but she's very, very tough and made it through in three.

Konta through. Hard match but she's very, very tough and made it through in three.

Garcia bottled that last game when serving to stay in the match. Upto that point there was nothing between them and could have gone either way.

I think they should raise the net a bit or having to serve like Michael Chang did vs Ivan Lendl to make duels longer and talented players more rewarded..human raise keep getting taller and taller too

Back