• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Absolutely brutal performance from Rafa. Brilliant.

Fantastic performance from Rafa, been amazing all fortnight.

Hopefully he sees what Federer is doing presently by picking and choosing his tournaments wisely and does the same sort of thing. If he does and his body holds up he could win another 2-3 French Opens

Yep, he and Fed may as well have a pact along those lines. There is zero point in Rafa turning up to Wimbledon.

Chairman Rao and Stan both out in the first round at Queen's.

Murray has lost the first set on a tie breaker to "lucky loser" Jordan Thompson (nope, me neither) 7-5

Murray now a break down in the 2nd set at 2-3

Murray a double break down and really doesn't look like he gives a shit... 2-5

Murray gone at Queens in straight sets 6-7, 2-6

Dan Evans tested positive for coke. Refreshingly he's accepting it rather than going down the 'drink was spiked' route, but Christ knows how he thought he'd avoid detection now he is a Top 50ish player.

He's an idiot. Professionalism has always been the issue with him.

Superb match between Konta and Ostapenko at Eastbourne. Konta through in three but could have gone either way.

Ostapenko is some player, I have a bit of a thing for her too which helps.

I have to admit I rather like Konta. Not in that way, but she seems to combine being the best female British player since Durie (minimum - probably since Barker and Wade) with being just a decent person.

I also note that Konta has taken the first set against Kerber in the next round.

Kyrgios out already, retired through injury in his opening match.

Murray safely through in straight sets, looked very stiff early on but improved as it went on. Many more difficult tests to follow, the guy he played today was a bit of a clown.

Dustin Brown up next, he's dangerous if you catch him on the wrong day.

Dustin Brown is a modern day Mansour Bahrami. Could be very entertaining!

Nedal has just steamrollered the first set against an Aussie...what's not to like

Konta through fairly comfortably in straight sets

Back