• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Maria Sharapova wins appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport, reducing ITF ban from two years to 15 months. April 2017 return.

Konta into the semi-finals of the China Open. By my calculations that puts her up to 12 in the world.

Konta beats Madison Keys to make the final. Will now be world number 9. If she wins the final she would be world number 7. Impressive rise this year.

Konta lost to Radwanska in the final but looking good for the race to Singapore. If she can get to at least the semi-final at Hong Kong then I think she is well set.

Djokovic out. Murray makes the final of this tournament and he will be World number one. That would be beyond phenomenal

Yep. Would be an amazing achievement. Konta still doing very well as well. Two great players on the GB books.

The Scottish Andy Murray and the Australian Johanna Konta.

Bleugh.

She is Hungarian rather more than Australian.

Such a BORING cheap shot though, this not English crap.

She is Hungarian rather more than Australian.

Such a BORING cheap shot though, this not English crap.

Agreed. Happens all the time with a lot of sports like rugby and cricket too. If they play for GB or England i'm supporting them, couldn't care less where they were born, raised or whatever it might be.

Murray confirmed as world number one after Raonic pulls out through injury.

Congratulations to Andy Murray. A remarkable achievement to progress from a useless Scottish Twat to Britain's World No 1.

Murray has won the first set 6-3 vs Wawrinka to qualify for the semi-final of the ATP World Tour Finals and leads 4-1 in the 2nd set

and he wins the 2nd set 6-2 and wins his group thus ensuring he avoids Djokovic in the semi-final

Murray beats Novak in straights sets to win ATP Tour Finals.

Some year for him. Wins Wimbledon, Olympic Gold (only player to win singles twice) 9 Tournament victories, Year-End World No.1. Plus runner-up at two other slams, including a first appearance in French Open final.

Struggling to think of another active British sportsmen that compares to Murray in their sport

The man should be knighted. He's amazing.

So chuffed for him.

Agreed. Not a lot of competition this year as Froome is slightly tarnished by the shit flying about at Sky. Can't see anyone else getting even close, frankly.

And rightly so. I am no great tennis fan at all but Murray's achievements are superb. Were it not for the year of his birth he would probably have more than ten slams already. Just born in the most competitive era of all. I quite fancy him to pick up the Australian and French Opens in time to complete his set. He must have a decent chance now as he is working out how to beat Djokovic more regularly.

Back