• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Watson has fallen at the first hurdle in the Aussie Open. Served for the match in the 2nd set, but eventually lost in 3.

Why isnt Murray playing in a wolves shirt? ;)

Murray looked very comfortable today. Konta fully deserved her victory, top 30 looks very real possibility for her.

Nadal out in 5 to Verdasco, Hewitt through in straight sets in his final Slam.

Nadal has not been the same player since his injury lay off. I wonder whether he will ever return to former glories.

Last edited:
Well done Johanna! A marvellous achievement.

Brilliant. She must have a chance against Madison Keys or the Chinese girl next up as well.

Murray through. Needs to beat Ferrer and then Monfils/Raonic for a place in the final.

Murray should make the final now - 12-6 head to head against Ferrer and has won the last 5 meetings. Then Raonic or Monfils shouldn't pose him too many problems either (fancy Raonic to come through that match.

What an opportunity for Konta to make a Slam semi-final. She will be facing a completely different pressure in the match though as she is heavy favourite going into it. Zhang is ranked 133 in the world (obviously going up following this tournament) and had never won a GS match before Aus Open. Fancy Konta to win in 3.

Konta strolls into the semi finals.

Murray should be sorting out his game in a few mins.

Murray through as well. I do not think that anyone is sorriest that Murray is in the semi finals, but I am not sure many people expected one of our players to be in the Ladies semi finals.

Looking at the live rankings she will go to 28 in the world even if she loses to Kerber. Get through to the final and she would jump to 23. Were she to do the unthinkable and win the whole shooting match she will rise to World number 13.

Thoroughly deserved victory for Konta, controlled her nerves amazingly. She has been on an awesome run for 6 months, but nobody could of predicted a Slam semi-final.

Tough semi against Kerber and obvious underdog, but she probably has better chance against her than Azarenka.

Trips said:
Murray looked very comfortable today. Konta fully deserved her victory, top 30 looks very real possibility for her.

Last week's prediction, thought maybe by the time the French rolled round, not by the following week haha

Stupid bloody matches starting at stupid bloody o'clock means I have hardly watched any of this tournament. When are the semis?

Konta plays tonight.

Murray the following night.

Stupid bloody matches starting at stupid bloody o'clock means I have hardly watched any of this tournament. When are the semis?

If you fancy cheering Konta on tonight/tomorrow morning(!) it'll be about 4.30am start.

I presume Konta is close to be getting the status of a Great Brit when she wins and shite Aussie/Hungarian when she loses?

Back