• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

I think she is already beyond that a bit. Semi-final is hugely impressive, and the other players left in are the top end of the game. She will do very well to get past Kerber, and they are really playing for the right to get annihilated by Serena Williams.

I think she is already beyond that a bit.

Good stuff. The British Tennis catalogue needed a new entry to go along side "Anyone but the Scottish twat" "Fanastic British player" "Shite Scottish tit" & "COME ON TIM"

I think she is already beyond that a bit.

She's not. Andy Murray - the Great British hero - is a Wimbledon/US Open champion, Davis Cup winner and Olympic Gold medallist and he's still a 'grumpy Scottish git' if he fails to win another Grand Slam.

Konta probably shouldn't wear a Hungary shirt or anything like that.

However she was asked by the Aussies if she would ever consider a different competing nationality (something to do with no Australians anywhere near doing any good) and said "too late for that - I am British and that is the end of that".

Konta out, 5-7, 2-6.

Meanwhile, Federer has had a crap start to his match; can't see him winning this one.

Konta out, 5-7, 2-6.

Meanwhile, Federer has had a crap start to his match; can't see him winning this one.

Bit harsh on Federer - Djokovic is just playing incredible tennis - if Murray gets to the final, he will get humped at this rate.

This is the best performance I've ever seen on a tennis court. Absolutely ridiculous.

Konta far exceeded her expectations, and this will be a great boost for her. And she will be flying up the rankings.

How can Djokovic go from throwing in 100 unforced errors against Simon, to performing at this level?

Insane level he is playing at the minute, greatest of all time being made to look like a park player.

Murray into the Final after winning in 5 sets.

If Djokovic plays like against Federer then not a lot of chance. If Djokovic plays like he did against Simon then Murray would have an excellent chance.

Basically if Djokovic is on song, no one can live with him.

Murray needs to get off to a quick start. When he has beaten Novak in Slam Finals he has got off quickly - US Open final, went 2 sets up and won in 5, Wimbledon straight sets.

If Novak leads early he is a great front-runner and very rarely gets pulled back, Murray also tends to lose his cool playing Djok.

Djokovic massive favourite but will let heart rule head and go for Murray in 4 tight sets.

Don't normally watch the Ladies Tennis, but that was a cracking match - what an athlete Kerber is - lovely pins too!

Back