• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Table

Always nice with a champion..winning weeks will be fine..think i would lose out though but i will take the risk, since im a gambler.. :)

If it is a tie I think those involved should arm wrestle for the title.
Youtube the action & post it up!

In which case we may have to crowd fund a trip from Sweden for Fred LJ!

Always nice with a champion..winning weeks will be fine..think i would lose out though but i will take the risk, since im a gambler.. :)

Yes I would agree with Fred, after the long season better to have a single champion.

Either that or if I must, go to Sweden to arm wrestle Fred (you are all very generous to offer to fund it)

Week 36

Donegal 458
Fred 458
Tony 450
Dr Doog 450
Sniffer 443
PLF 437
Fizz 417
Quirk 414
Darlo 397
Lemon 395
Frank 347

Terrible weeks for both Tony and Fred means that Donegal has moved to joint top of the table with just two weeks left. Dr Doog now joins Tony in joint third place as just 8 points separate the top four. Darlo was the weeks top scorer with 18 points and moves above Lemonjelly in the table.

In the position I was hoping to be with 5 games to go, then three bad results means I need others to slip up in the last 2 weeks........sounds somewhat familiar!

Yeah really disappointed with my score this week..will be tough to win this(as it should)

An 'as it stands' table has Donegal streaking out in front at the top.

Week 37

Donegal 471
Fred 462
Dr Doog 458
Tony 456
Sniffer 449
PLF 443
Fizz 424
Quirk 418
Darlo 410
Lemon 395
Frank 351

As we approach the final furlong it seems that Fred and Tony are finishing like Devon Loch (you may have to google that one Fred :icon_smile:) whilst Donegal is finishing like Yifter the Shifter (google time again for those not old enough to remember). One week to go and there are several big and small mini battles up and down the table. One thing for certain though is that, and not for the first time, a wooden spoon will be sent out in the post to Hinckley. Donegal and Darlo were the weeks top scorers with 13 whilst music loving Lemonjelly, in Eurovision week, had nil points.

Looking like only 10* 6 pointers will give me a chance of the title & given my inability to predict many 6 point games all season that's as likely as Crawley winning the Premier (or even league 2 under current management)

Thank goodness there is not relegation...

Anyway I demand a recount on my score. By my reckoning I should have 120 points more than I have...!!

Week 38 The Final Table

1. Donegal 483
2 = Fred 472
2 = Dr Doog 472
4. Tony 467
5. Sniffer 454
6. PLF 452
7. Fizz 430
8. Quirk 426
9. Darlo 417
10. Lemon 403
11. Frank 357

Congratulations to Donegal who is this years Prediction League Champion.

Thanks for all who took part especially the ones who stayed the distance and also to Lemonjelly for posting up the fixtures. It's been a good close race all the way through and I hope that we're all back again next season.

Last edited:
Congrats to Donegal & thanks to Sniffer & LJ for running the game (though you've given me 10 points too many though position is correct).

Started the season well & was in contention for the first third, then fell away somewhat & never really got close enough after that.

Clearly needed more firepower after the Jan window - clearly my strategy of signing Balotelli & Leon Clarke rather that Kane & Afobe didn't go well :icon_biggrin:

Congratulations Donegal.

After a summer break I will be back refreshed and aiming to do slightly better next season. I am running out of room to put all these wooden spoons...!

And many thanks to Sniffer and Lemon Jelly for their work during the season.

Well done Donegal!

I'd like to echo the thanks to Sniffer and Lemonjelly. Good fun as always.

Thanks and they told me at school that I would never achieve anything that will show them.

I think I was a bit fortunate with the timing of my good run as i think it was only in week 36 that I first hit top spot.

When I put up my predictions on Saturday "I was a little worse for wear" after a wedding the day before and spent yesterday convinced that my prediction of first scorer in the Hull/Utd game of Hazard (meant Mata!) would come back to haunt me!

Special thanks to Sniffer and Lemonjelly for all their hard work over the season.

Congrats Donegal, you deserved it

Back