• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

From the bbc live page - Dazzling Dave must be have some sock puppet accounts.

Most Wolves supporters will be happy with this transfer window. Early doors signings, then nothing, then a flurry of activity in the final hours. They’ve recruited strength, future potential and solved the issue of squad depth. With Guedes’ form suddenly improving, our season looks very promising.
Richard, Gloucester
If anything I’m even more frustrated.

If you look at purely players in and out it’s not a bad window, IMV. The fact we sold 2 key players from last year weeks ago and are dashing around on deadline day is embarrassing. No issue with things happening on deadline day as things move quickly, but it’s abit of a shit show if you’re signing 4..

I do think some clubs do a deadline day dash as the last thing that happens sticks with people, and ultimately it will be ‘omg we signed 4 players wolve ey oui ‘

I do think some clubs do a deadline day dash as the last thing that happens sticks with people, and ultimately it will be ‘omg we signed 4 players wolve ey oui ‘
4 is not really true for today.

Sam Johnstone was done earlier and Andre because he had to fly in but everything sorted.

As it stands just Forbs that is a proper deadline day deal.

The Forest owner says he tries to wait until deadline day because he gets better deals from clubs.

Sam Johnstone was done earlier and Andre because he had to fly in but everything sorted.

The Forest owner says he tries to wait until deadline day because he gets better deals from clubs.
That was my point about the 4. It will be span ‘4 deadline day signings’ and a lot of back patting

Forest owner was signing 20 players a day last summer window tbf

Looking like 3 so back patting will be reduced

I’m probably stupid but I just don’t get it.

Matt Hobbs is extremely well paid to be our Sporting Director and our captain and main CB left a month ago.

So, he’s got a month to replace him with someone equally as good/bad. Not Joe Gomez, not Trevor Chalobah, not Victor Lindelof - just anyone vaguely like what we lost. And there are, quite literally, hundreds of them.

A whole month. And he still can’t do it.

In any other job, he’d be clearing his desk tomorrow morning.

Matt Hobbs is extremely well paid to be our Sporting Director and our captain and main CB left a month ago.

So, he’s got a month to replace him with someone equally as good/bad. Not Joe Gomez, not Trevor Chalobah, not Victor Lindelof - just anyone vaguely like what we lost. And there are, quite literally, hundreds of them.

Can't do it? Or has been, without it being directly said, encouraged not to do it?

By the sounds of it we were not looking to replace Max...just sign someone to let Santi go off on loan.

Mosq will be put forward as the Max replacement

The line will be Mosq was his replacement.

On the face of it I would agree, but I doubt it’s as straight forward as that. Being the cynic I am, I’d imagine there are a lot of restraints put on him from Jeff and Fosun about what we can spend etc.

Could be wrong and Hobbs could just be incompetent. Easy to say from afar I guess.

I refuse to believe replacing kilman should’ve been this difficult, unless there’s just something I’m not seeing. I don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as some, but he’s hardly prime maldini

Also, the whole "in any other job" line doesn't ring true to me. But that could be an America thing.

Yeah, disappointed we haven’t signed a decent centre back, hope it’s not the cause of seeing us relegated.

The line will be Mosq was his replacement.

On the face of it I would agree, but I doubt it’s as straight forward as that. Being the cynic I am, I’d imagine there are a lot of restraints put on him from Jeff and Fosun about what we can spend etc.

Could be wrong and Hobbs could just be incompetent. Easy to say from afar I guess.

I refuse to believe replacing kilman should’ve been this difficult, unless there’s just something I’m not seeing. I don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as some, but he’s hardly prime maldini

I think we’re being too generous - it’s hardly splitting the atom.

You just go and find a central defender that wants slightly more money than they’re earning, and want to play for a better club.

Those parameters might not get us peak Rio Ferdinand but there are definitely a few out there that fit the criteria.

I’m going with gross incompetence.

You just go and find a central defender that wants slightly more money than they’re earning, and want to play for a better club.

Those parameters might not get us peak Rio Ferdinand but there are definitely a few out there that fit the criteria.

Well, @Johnny75? Was it just that easy?

Maybe drop your CV off at Molineux, you make it sound easier than doing a deal on Football Manager

It's not Championship Manager.
We do deals that work for us, not other clubs. Sometimes other clubs want to play hard ball. Sometimes a player doesn't fancy the move.
I don't get the panic over a CB. It's not as if we don't have anyone.
And given some of the players he has signed over the last 12 months, I think he's doing pretty well.

Also, the whole "in any other job" line doesn't ring true to me. But that could be an America thing.
Yep, it's really hard to sack someone and requires lots of effort. Companies usually just chuck cash and an NDA at people at that kind of level they want rid of

Back