• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I thought the new Gomes triplet was earmarked for right wing back?

I thought the new Gomes triplet was earmarked for right wing back?

He can play there but he's a very attacking player, more of a right sided RAN than a Semedo. He'll be considered for that position & as a winger on either side.

Don't know anything about Lima's profile. Hopefully it means we've got a deal lined up for Ki-Jana Hoever (and we're firing Doherty into the sun) rather than a sign that Semedo is leaving.

Hoever is gone then and we've future proofed Semedo leaving.

I think Semedo stays for one more season

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Lima won't sign officially until 1/7 when he turns 18.

That’s Semedo gone and he’ll be Doherty’s understudy.

We'll probably get another year out of Semedo whilst Lima gets up to speed.

I don't know much (anything) about him but he seems like a coup.

We'll probably get another year out of Semedo whilst Lima gets up to speed.

I don't know much (anything) about him but he seems like a coup.
I was only joking about Semedo going, there’s no way on this planet I’d expect Doherty to be our first choice right back under any circumstance.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Lima won't sign officially until 1/7 when he turns 18.
Nice to get a signing and all that , but at 17 - soon to be 18 - isn't this just a signing for the under 21 s , and maybe sit on the bench the odd week ?

If Cunha is raving about him that much and Chelsea were all over the hand before we swept in and trumped the FFP-ignoring cunts, I suspect he might have a bit more about him than that.

Of course, some actual evidence to back up my gut feeling would be nice, but is sorely lacking!

Nice to get a signing and all that , but at 17 - soon to be 18 - isn't this just a signing for the under 21 s , and maybe sit on the bench the odd week ?
We'll have a better idea when Hobbs/O'Neil talk about the player when he's unveiled I suppose. Judah said yesterday that he'd be going straight into the first team squad though.

I fully endorse this type of signing though. It is LITERALLY the only benefit of the cunt soup known as Brexit that Premier League work permit rules now see English clubs delving into the market for South American young pups rather than waiting for Benfica and Real Madrid to do so and then paying fortunes more when they are three years further into their career.

For £10m (or around that) I imagine he’s the understudy to Semedo.

Sell Hoever for whatever we can get. Doherty can be the kitman or something

For £10m (or around that) I imagine he’s the understudy to Semedo.

Sell Hoever for whatever we can get. Doherty can be the kitman or something
Got to be happy with genuine succession planning tbf. I've never seen the kid kick a ball but there seems plenty of hype around him and the money's not obscene even if he ends up just being solid back up

With our recent travails with budgets, cashflow, FFP etc, I can't see us shelling out £10m on a player to stick him in the U21s. If he signs it should be on the basis that he is a first team option

Back