• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Actually very very very believable.

Most of us are stupid twats for believing a change would happen though
Yeah, you’re right. Ridiculous state of affairs though

What is the actual reason they can give on this occasion though? It can’t be PSR can it?

They can't expect anyone to believe that given the income we've had from sales in the last 2 seasons that we are in PSR trouble, can they? Is anyone dense enough to still believe that bullshit?

They can't expect anyone to believe that given the income we've had from sales in the last 2 seasons that we are in PSR trouble, can they? Is anyone dense enough to still believe that bullshit?
I'm sure there will be a few.

Actually very very very believable.

Most of us are stupid twats for believing a change would happen though
Unless you are a cynical bastard like me which has as many downsides as up, then you want to believe. Football is supposed to fun, you want to have hope, you want look forwards with excitement. All that said by now you aren't just being gaslit, you are willfully in denial if you believe anything will be different.

Molineux news......

This is not the news that many Wolves fans will have particularly hoped for. But it was perhaps to be expected.

Wolves are not in financial trouble, but the club are clearly looking to be mindful and we know that it is Fosun’s goal for the club to become self-sustaining.

Molineux news......

This is not the news that many Wolves fans will have particularly hoped for. But it was perhaps to be expected.

Wolves are not in financial trouble, but the club are clearly looking to be mindful and we know that it is Fosun’s goal for the club to become self-sustaining.
I notice that every other PL club can be self sustaining by having a net balance of around £0 on their transfer dealings, just one that isn't. Whichever sap has written that could do some actual journalism rather than suckling at Shi's tit

Unless you are a cynical bastard like me which has as many downsides as up, then you want to believe. Football is supposed to fun, you want to have hope, you want look forwards with excitement. All that said by now you aren't just being gaslit, you are willfully in denial if you believe anything will be different.
I've been quite chilled on it all to be honest but that is just how my relationship with football has been going for years.

I could, if pushed, see their argument last summer/January (not agree with it, that is different) if it was followed up by action this window. It started off so well, early signings etc. Then to release info like that is just staggering.
Our spend this window is essentially 1 Ollie Skipp as we have kicked 1 signing down the road until July 2025. £90m bagged and we are going to keep a huge chunk to one side.

I'm not a Fosun out kind of supporter, as I know its not that simple and they have given me the best years I have had as a Wolves supporter but they better be building a picture that makes a potential buyer take notice.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be so bad if they came out and said we have a long term plan to stash the cash over the next 3 to 5 years so we can then invest to compete for a top 6 place. You can see that if we continue to sell our biggest assets for a few years then we should build up a nice surplus. However, the risk is that by selling the best players, you then get relegated.

That said, it seems to me we are effectively playing the same game that half of the Premiership is playing. It seems we know that relegation is a risk but that the consequences of FFP present a bigger risk. Seems a little absurd given our sales in the last 12 months.

I've been watching the Burnley documentary and how they have managed their finances. It seems that it is very much a tight line now for breaking the financial rules and the consequences involved. Leicester are probably next to face the axe.

As fans, of course we want investment. We always want new players as there is always a weakness in the team. I think as Wolves fans, we have to understand that we have a decent recruitment team and they are now looking at the hidden jewels in world football. We also have to understand that we aren't going to lash out huge fees on transfers nor wages. I know many won't like it but that is the reality and personally, I don't blame our owners for not lashing the cash, even if we can afford it. We need the right players, at the right time and for the right financial investment.

Wouldn't be so bad if they came out and said we have a long term plan to stash the cash over the next 3 to 5 years so we can then invest to compete for a top 6 place. You can see that if we continue to sell our biggest assets for a few years then we should build up a nice surplus. However, the risk is that by selling the best players, you then get relegated.

That said, it seems to me we are effectively playing the same game that half of the Premiership is playing. It seems we know that relegation is a risk but that the consequences of FFP present a bigger risk. Seems a little absurd given our sales in the last 12 months.

I've been watching the Burnley documentary and how they have managed their finances. It seems that it is very much a tight line now for breaking the financial rules and the consequences involved. Leicester are probably next to face the axe.

As fans, of course we want investment. We always want new players as there is always a weakness in the team. I think as Wolves fans, we have to understand that we have a decent recruitment team and they are now looking at the hidden jewels in world football. We also have to understand that we aren't going to lash out huge fees on transfers nor wages. I know many won't like it but that is the reality and personally, I don't blame our owners for not lashing the cash, even if we can afford it. We need the right players, at the right time and for the right financial investment.
Thank fuck we got that actual £3m from sth's then

Back