• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll 100% have to play his way into the starting XI off the bench to start with as he'll miss the start of the season through injury. Nuno isn't Kenny Jackett, he's not going to shoehorn someone into the first XI like Ken did with Tommy Rowe. Traore will only play if he earns his place on merit, same goes for Jimenez, Moutinho, Jonny or anyone else we buy.

He'll 100% have to play his way into the starting XI off the bench to start with as he'll miss the start of the season through injury. Nuno isn't Kenny Jackett, he's not going to shoehorn someone into the first XI like Ken did with Tommy Rowe. Traore will only play if he earns his place on merit, same goes for Jimenez, Moutinho, Jonny or anyone else we buy.

I think that's what's so refreshing about Nuno, he's his own man and doesn't let the ego's or the player power affect him.

The prospect of Cav and Traore coming on after 60 minutes is a frightening prospect. We regularly made a change at that point in the front three last season, perhaps Nuno wants the other option there so we can make the same switch on both sides of the pitch?

We'll very rarely change the back 3/5 during a match injuries permitting. We typically only made changes in central midfield and another up top during most games last season.

Failed.

You seem to be missing the point about using stats to reinforce your opinion and I challenged your use of stats and the lack of correlation with those stats. You didn't answer my question and chose to defend your right to have an opinion.

Funny, I seem to be seeing a lot of this argument but another thread.....

Go on then, I’ll ask - which thread?

Wu Lei rumour shit story in Birmingham Mail

If we do sign him, I'm trying to think of the last time we bought someone so divisive, probably Leon...there were a few that were in favour.

Not sure there is that much division over him. Most people seem to want to sign him.

From what I’ve seen (Very limited) he has little end product. Either way he’ll add to what we already have.

Kenny's failing was getting Tommy Rowe on anywhere - never sure what he was supposed to be

I do love posts by t3ch. But you've got the apostrophe at the wrong end of the word matey... :icon_lol:

dammit!!

Context. PQ has been banging on how Troare is better then Costa and how anybody that can't see it has shit in their eyes (I may have used a little hyperbole in there) and is using that article to back his argument up.

Fair enough. Sorry all you guys look the same to me, hard to keep track.

Not sure there is that much division over him. Most people seem to want to sign him.

From what I’ve seen (Very limited) he has little end product. Either way he’ll add to what we already have.
I don't go on other forums or too much Wolves based social media. I assume this place isn't representative then?

The view on MM is fairly similar. Many vehemently pro the signing, talking of how Adama can be honed into something insanely good. A few vehemently against. Many somewhere in the middle.

The view on MM is fairly similar. Many vehemently pro the signing, talking of how Adama can be honed into something insanely good. A few vehemently against. Many somewhere in the middle.

If we sign him, we'll have to call him Marmite.

I don't go on other forums or too much Wolves based social media. I assume this place isn't representative then?

I don’t go on MM, but on Twitter and people in real life seems to see it as a good signing.

Just having a quick read on MM and seems more in favour of not signing him going by the last few pages.

I like the suggestion of Traore as a wing back, that would be truly frightening. Has he ever played there though and can he tackle? Also does he have the brain for it? for 18 million I would expect someone who can come in and make a fairly large impact on the 1st team squad, as an IF I will need some convincing. As a wing back if lets say we were losing its an interesting thought.

Would be a bit of a contradiction in thought though as we let Barry go because his defensive skills weren't up to scratch.

We shall see it sounds like its happening so we will find out soon enough.

If that's the plan - and I don't it is, then Matt Doherty will never be so popular. You simply can't have a LWB that can't go beyond the half way line and RWB that can't go the other side of it.

Traore at wing back is a ridiculous notion
Take the fee out of the equation and its not a ridiculous suggestion at all. Hes very very fast so can carry the ball forward quickly, which would help us greatly as we will need to counter more in this league. He is naturally a wide player. The only question marks would be defensively and if you have seen enough of him to render that ridiculous then fair enough.

Take the fee out of the equation and its not a ridiculous suggestion at all. Hes very very fast so can carry the ball forward quickly, which would help us greatly as we will need to counter more in this league. He is naturally a wide player. The only question marks would be defensively and if you have seen enough of him to render that ridiculous then fair enough.

He's way better going forward and to my knowledge has never played or had much in the way of defensive responsibilities.

To turn it on its head, what makes you think he'd be a good right wing back?

If he was to be signed in that position - he won't - I would suddenly be horribly against his signing!

What's the fee got to do with the suggestion of him playing at wing back being ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back