• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no way Rojo is on 160k at United, absolutely no way, he was at Lisbon prior to his United move so would have been on peanuts there, he would not have gone from that to £160k, looking on redcafe most United fans saying he’s on 80k tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? That’s the FFP requirements for now based on the last three years.

It specifically mentions that wages for 16/17 is £67m, 17/18 is £74m and 18/19 is £81m. Nothing about new teams starting at 16/17, just what they’ll be for those seasons.

The article you linked was correct in 16/17, but is now out of date.

It specifically mentions that wages for 16/17 is £67m, 17/18 is £74m and 18/19 is £81m. Nothing about new teams starting at 16/17, just what they’ll be for those seasons.

The article you linked was correct in 16/17, but is now out of date.

And what you posted is a snippet from the 17/18 Premier League Handbook and is now out of date.

And what you posted is a snippet from the 17/18 Premier League Handbook and is now out of date.

It’s the current handbook. I guess it will be updated at the end of this season.

You think it will be 19/20 - £67m, 20/21- £74m and 21/22 - £81m?

What about clubs that have increased their wages to £81m, do they have to drop down again?

You think it will be 19/20 - £67m, 20/21- £74m and 21/22 - £81m?

What about clubs that have increased their wages to £81m, do they have to drop down again?

No. It’s a starting point for newly promoted clubs, it tells you that in the link I posted which describes it quite clearly. It’s short term cost control, it’s how Albion managed to get an absolutely huge wage bill because that didn’t apply to them anymore. I’d safely say we are not allowed to spend £81m on wages this season unless we make up the difference through alternative revenues and can quite clearly prove it.

It’s not just about newly promoted teams, it’s team that aren’t assessed on the ‘12/13 Base year Basis’.

Ignore the article it is out of date.

And the 17/18 handbook doesn’t apply to us either as we weren’t even there.

Spiers pouring cold water on Rojo & Pepe. Says reports linking us to them are “wide of the mark”.

NEXT!

Pepe stuff just stinks of a club trying to get interest going and we are now the go to club when Portuguese players need shifting on. Rojo simply cannot be signed, Nuno hates burnt toast for starters

Tim Nash
‏@TimNash_1
I understand there's huge frustration in the @Wolves camp at the injury to Adama Traore last night. I'm told Traore had been due to sign for the club today or Monday but he's now out for 4-6 weeks with a dislocated shoulder.

If we was that close to signing, he surely wouldn't have played last night

Exactly. Complete bollocks. I think the Pepe deal is real, and Timbolina is being fed a line on that too.

Another one for you.

e5e3bb75e2f78d0afd0c25e804fb50a2.png

Not that I think it will be an issue, but by my calculations our maximum three year accumulative loss at the end of this season can only be £61m and not £105m.

Spiers pouring cold water on Rojo & Pepe. Says reports linking us to them are “wide of the mark”.

NEXT!

I've asked him about the story linking us to Adam Lallana (via Deutsch) just because I am childish... ��

Tim Nash
‏@TimNash_1
I understand there's huge frustration in the @Wolves camp at the injury to Adama Traore last night. I'm told Traore had been due to sign for the club today or Monday but he's now out for 4-6 weeks with a dislocated shoulder.

If we was that close to signing, he surely wouldn't have played last night
Cobblers. Pulis says nobody has met the release clause. If the deal was that close he wouldn't have played. A week before the season starts Boro wouldn't have played someone they knew wouldn't be there, it doesn't make sense.

There's a wind-up thread on Twitter - at least I assume it is - that has Traore seeking legal advice over Boro forcing him to play last night. Clearly if he was close to signing he wouldn't have played last night

From the BeInSoccer account. It’s a spoof.

Also made up a fake quote saying Traore accused Boro of racism - morons.

Spiers reckons we are checking the extent of Traores injury, but we hadn’t made a bid at any point for him

Also made up a fake quote saying Traore accused Boro of racism - morons.

Spiers reckons we are checking the extent of Traores injury, but we hadn’t made a bid at any point for him

I'm sure you don't need me telling you this but that's so irresponsible when racism in the game still needs tackling. They need to have a proper look at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back