• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 24/25

Obviously a 4 with Santi and Dawson isn't suitable under Gaz's 'tactical plan', and tbh even Toti and Dawson has major concerns. If he wants to play with a four he's going to need Semedo to stay put, Andre and Joao to be really disciplined, drop the line back ten yards and try using some attacking structure rather than just piling men forwards and hoping for the best.

Obviously a 4 with Santi and Dawson isn't suitable under Gaz's 'tactical plan', and tbh even Toti and Dawson has major concerns. If he wants to play with a four he's going to need Semedo to stay put, Andre and Joao to be really disciplined, drop the line back ten yards and try using some attacking structure rather than just piling men forwards and hoping for the best.
Exactly this, you don't need pace at the back if you drop the line back into a low block and play on the counter.

Semedo, Cunha, Forbs, Gomes and even Hwang are quick enough to do it.

Andre screens the back four and Gomes/ Lemina and Doyle provide the passing to release the counter.

We'd need a new manager to do this as the current one can't.

So it’ll be Toti & Dawson, won’t it? Santi as back up, Pond to back up him. Toti is also our “reserve” left back to RAN (can’t bring myself to suggest Doc as a serious option there), so that also takes that option out of the squad if he’s starting every match at CB. Meupiyou I wouldn’t expect to see ‘up to speed’ until post Jan transfer window.

Matip? Saw someone suggest Paul Dummett earlier who’s a free agent. FFS, how has it come to this AGAIN?!

… oh yeah, Fosun.

If we’re gonna go down, we might as well do it in style. I’d love to know what the plan is if RAN also picks up an injury.

So it’ll be Toti & Dawson, won’t it? Santi as back up, Pond to back up him. Toti is also our “reserve” left back to RAN (can’t bring myself to suggest Doc as a serious option there), so that also takes that option out of the squad if he’s starting every match at CB. Meupiyou I wouldn’t expect to see ‘up to speed’ until post Jan transfer window.

Matip? Saw someone suggest Paul Dummett earlier who’s a free agent. FFS, how has it come to this AGAIN?!

… oh yeah, Fosun.

If we’re gonna go down, we might as well do it in style. I’d love to know what the plan is if RAN also picks up an injury.

For some reason we registered Kalajdzic and Traore who won't play until the next registration window opens and we can't unregister anyone until then so we can't register a free agent either.

Can't learn, won't learn. Deliberately leaving yourself short in two key positions, in different seasons, in the same calendar has moved them up a further notch of the rank incompetence ladder.
I would say that the failure to get the PL defender GO wanted has hit us hard but let's not forget if he had arrived, Santi was off on loan.
Just like LB, we planned to leave ourselves in this position.

For some reason we registered Kalajdzic and Traore who won't play until the next registration window opens and we can't unregister anyone until then so we can't register a free agent either.
I think we have space for a couple of domestic players fwiw
17 foreign, 6 domestic I think
Johnstone, King, Bentley, Doyle, Doherty, Dawson
Forbs and Cundle are still too young to count, so 2 spaces left

I would say that the failure to get the PL defender GO wanted has hit us hard but let's not forget if he had arrived, Santi was off on loan.
Just like LB, we planned to leave ourselves in this position.
Santi is not fit for purpose and if we had a better replacement then nobody would be too upset.

Last edited:
Welcome to Wolves: Paul Dummett

Dummett last seen in the Premier League giving away a preposterous penalty for Newcastle against Everton in April. I'd rather play Doherty at centre half than him he's that bad.

That's the squad which if I've counted correctly is 24 so looks like there is one space but would have to be homegrown. Is there anyone even of PL quality at CB that would be classed as homegrown that is currently without a club though? I doubt it.

Santi is not fit for purpose and if we had a better replacement then nobody would be too upset.
Separate argument isn't it. The fact we were happy to say bye says a lot.

The main issue here is we have looked at the numbers and gone yep 4 is enough.

That's the squad which if I've counted correctly is 24 so looks like there is one space but would have to be homegrown. Is there anyone even of PL quality at CB that would be classed as homegrown that is currently without a club though? I doubt it.
i thought Cundle was a year younger, yes it's just the one

Back