• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Squad 24/25

He won't be lacking fitness because he's been training with Mali.

He won't be tired because they didn't play that many games.

He had a break because there was a decent gap between the end of the season and joining up for the Olympics.

Doubt it'll matter, I imagine he'll be back in the squad for Chelsea if not Arsenal.

Homegrown position update. Those in red will in all likelihood be moved on. Put simply, we have an issue considering how we badly need to supplement the squad.

Homegrown:
  1. Dan Bentley
  2. Tom King
  3. Matt Doherty
  4. Ki-Jana Hoever
  5. Craig Dawson
  6. Luke Cundle
  7. Joe Hodge
  8. Tommy Doyle
  9. Chem Campbell
Non-Homegrown
  1. Jose Sa
  2. Yerson Mosquera
  3. Toti Gomes
  4. Santi Bueno
  5. Nigel Lonwijk
  6. Nelson Semedo
  7. Rayan Ait-Nouri
  8. Mario Lemina
  9. Joao Gomes
  10. Boubacar Traore
  11. Pablo Sarabia
  12. Jean-Ricner Bellegarde
  13. Chiquinho
  14. Daniel Podence
  15. Goncalo Guedes
  16. Jorgen Strand Larsen
  17. Matheus Cunha
  18. Hwang Hee-Chan
  19. Fabio Silva
  20. Sasa Kalajdzic
U21:
  1. Pedro Lima
  2. Dexter Lembikisa
  3. Enso Gonzalez
  4. Rodrigo Gomes
  5. Tawenda Chirewa
  6. Nathan Fraser
  7. Leon Chiwone
Excluding Lonwijk, Fabio and Sasa who all won't feature for various reasons, we're already going to have to leave one of those 18 out of our PL squad, before we even consider non-HG additions. It's no surprise we're being linked with Antonio, Nelson or players who wouldn't need to be registered to bulk the squad.

Bueno and two from Podence, Sarabia, Guedes and Chiquinho are the obvious candidates to move on to give us room to manoeuvre.

Last edited:
I think at least 2 (possibly all 3) of Guedes, Podence and Chiquinho will be gone by the end of the window. Wouldn't surprise me if we signed a central midfielder and Traore went out on loan somewhere either.

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks. Rodrigo Gomes is exempt this season though. Neto leaving meant we are now at 1 in 1 out ignoring Lonwijk, Sasa and Fabio.

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks. Rodrigo Gomes is exempt this season though. Neto leaving meant we are now at 1 in 1 out ignoring Lonwijk, Sasa and Fabio.
Well spotted - forgot he was an U21 for this season.

It's not hugely relevant as at least one will be on the way out, but doesn't Fabio and Chiquinho (and maybe Yerson too) count as home-grown given when they joined us? They only need to be "affiliated" with us, so I think loan spells are irrelevant.

It's not hugely relevant as at least one will be on the way out, but doesn't Fabio and Chiquinho (and maybe Yerson too) count as home-grown given when they joined us? They only need to be "affiliated" with us, so I think loan spells are irrelevant.
Fabio potentially yes. Mosquera and Chiquinho haven't spent three years with us prior to their 21st birthdays.

No, it's 3 years before 21. Fabio counts, if his loans out of the country are allowed, which I think they are, but is something of a grey area.

Homegrown:
  1. Sam Johnstone
  2. Dan Bentley
  3. Tom King
  4. Matt Doherty
  5. Craig Dawson
  6. Tommy Doyle
  7. Luke Cundle
Non-Homegrown
  1. Jose Sa
  2. Yerson Mosquera
  3. Toti Gomes
  4. Santi Bueno
  5. Nelson Semedo
  6. Rayan Ait-Nouri
  7. Mario Lemina
  8. Joao Gomes
  9. Andre
  10. Boubacar Traore
  11. Jean-Ricner Bellegarde
  12. Pablo Sarabia
  13. Goncalo Guedes
  14. Jorgen Strand Larsen
  15. Matheus Cunha
  16. Hwang Hee-Chan
U21:
  1. Rodrigo Gomes
  2. Carlos Forbs
  3. Pedro Lima
  4. Bastien Meupiyou
  5. Dexter Lembikisa
  6. Leon Chiwome
Not Registered
  1. Sasa Kalajdzic

Last edited:
Maximum of 17 non HG players in a 25 man squad.

So with only 6 HG players that means we can only have a reduced squad of 23 players.

Looks like Podence is the one moving on. But we'd also need to get rid of another one if we wanted to make annother non HG signing. Which would definitely be Sa.

No use in keeping 4 keepers on the books so he'll definitely go IMO.

Maximum of 17 non HG players in a 25 man squad.

So with only 6 HG players that means we can only have a reduced squad of 23 players.

Looks like Podence is the one moving on. But we'd also need to get rid of another one if we wanted to make annother non HG signing. Which would definitely be Sa.

No use in keeping 4 keepers on the books so he'll definitely go IMO.
Depends on the severity of the Traore injury. The worst case takes him to the next window

I forgot that if we were to sign another winger then Chiquinho would likely go out on loan too which would free up another space.

We could probably do a decent "didn't play for the first 11" team.

Rosa, Bolla, Jason Roberts, Goncalves....

Edit: Actually, Rosa did play didn't he? Just not as much as his reserve form suggested he should have.
Denes Rosa was a fine player when given the opportunity to wear the shirt.

A Brazilian No.10...

Imagine if they had brought out a Brazilian themed 3rd kit too!

If Bentley or King had left in the window then I imagine Kalajdzic would have dropped out.

Back