• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Roy just joins a long list of managers who were good at qualifying and piss poor in tournament football.

So after his continuous championing of both Noble and Defoe for England he picks neither when he gets the chance...hypocrite

I know I sound like an old golf club duffa when I say that it seems like p!aging for your country canappear an imbuggerance to many of these very highly paid super stars. Gone are the days when the shirt was the pinnacle IMHO. Therefore I would go for the players who really wanted to play. The at may Mean that better players ared left out. Sterling Sturridge and the like would not be getting a call from me.

What a load of rubbish Cyber.

Although Alladyce picking Antonio looks like his Carlton Palmer moment.

I know I sound like an old golf club duffa when I say that it seems like p!aging for your country canappear an imbuggerance to many of these very highly paid super stars. Gone are the days when the shirt was the pinnacle IMHO. Therefore I would go for the players who really wanted to play. The at may Mean that better players ared left out. Sterling Sturridge and the like would not be getting a call from me.

Early days in the season but Sterling looks like a different player so far. I would select him, but definitely not Sturridge.

Rumours of Jordan Henderson as captain? I think I will cry if that happens.

Seriously?!

Abysmal if true.

Rooney staying as captain.

Allardyce doing the old George Osborne trick, leak some appalling news so the real thing (which people would still have lost their shit about) doesn't seem as bad :icon_lol:

Breaking News from The FA:

Wayne Rooney remains England captain

Reading Allardyce's autobiography at the moment. Written before he took charge at Sunderland and his ambition to be England manager one day couldn't be clearer! I'm no fan of his and I don't expect us to improve under him (we sure as hell won't win anything) but it's hard not to feel a bit happy for him after what I've read.

Bastard, got my hopes up then.

I thought he'd already retired based on his performances...

Forster injured so I guess Hart might still play?

Team vs Slovakia.

Hart

Walker Stones Cahill Rose

Henderson Dier

Lallana Rooney Sterling

Kane

8 of the team that lost to Iceland keep their place. Inspiring stuff, Sam.​

I'd have picked Shaw at left back, Vardy up front and Drinkwater instead of Henderson, but really it's not about changing the players, it's about changing the attitude and fear factor. That's where he will be judged, but it won't be until the World Cup itself until we will be able to do so, as I'm sure as we have done for the last 4 qualifiers we'll be comfortable in the group

Back