• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Weston Road?

Must be.

Long time ago and memory sketchy of the area but lived in Albrighton at one stage and the flats in Elworthy Close, so with Google showing the St Johns being just a mile away it must’ve been there. Looks nothing like I recall it on Google Earth so either a lot has changed or the lines have become very blurred over time.

Don’t want to clog up this RIP thread too much so happy to have this moved to a different area or PM/conversation etc, whichever is best.

Great longevity but still sad as feels like one of the last of a great era

Sort of quite likely as he was 98! Hardly going to be legions of his contemporaries left.

Yes obviously, I didn't mean it with any surprise

Generations pass. I watched a thing on the Battle of Britain on Sky History over the weekend and you realise that the very youngest of “the few” would now be 100 years old and change.

Have a read of first light by Geoffrey Wellum, 19 years old in the Battle of Britain spent all of it terrified that he didn’t know what he was doing, really good read

Arfur Fowler too, aka Bill Treacher.

Leslie Phillips aged 98...ding dong
I remember listening to the sitcom, The Navy Lark on the 'Light' channel on the wireless when I was a kid. Leslie Phillips was one of the characters, playing Capt McDoor.

Back