• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Maximo Park have written an electro song for Q Magazine's "Genre Swap":

It's actually really good!

I'm currently watching Public Image Limited on Later with Jools - Good God, it's shite.

To add to the conversation a few pages back about gigs and prices, I tend to avoid gigs altogether these days. The ticket prices are ridiculous and I find that I just do not enjoy the experience like I used to. I dont know whether it's because i'm getting older but I just get annoyed by not being able to see anything and there just seems to be a lot of idiots at gigs nowadays.

I started going to the Civic and the Wulfrun in 1994 when I was 14 and used to watch gigs every month. The ticket prices were reasonable, the venues were packed and it was a great atmosphere. I can't even remember the last really memorable gig I went to. If I had to reel off my favourite gigs of all time they would nearly all be from the 90's which says it all.

The only time I havent felt ripped off in the last few years is watching Jonah Matranga and that's because he arranges the tours himself so tickets are cheap wiith no fees.

Queen - A Night at the Opera is a fucking superb album.

Just a heads up. Steps are playing the Civic in December and the tickets go on sale at 9am this morning. If you see anyone buying them ask them to take a long hard look at themselves.

Every couple of years I relisten to Original Pirate Material by The Streets. Fantastic album.

Just bought tickets for Mumford & sons for my girlfriend, seems a bit odd to me that they're playing at the LG arena.

They've become massively popular, so it doesn't surprise me. Anyone heard their new album yet? Any good?

Think i've heard one song, it's alright but then i'm not really mad on them to begin with.

There didn't seem to be an option for seating tickets, girlfriends preference, when i bought the tickets so they're not really using the full potential of the LG arena, not sure if they're doing the same thing elsewhere. Perhaps they're planning a different layout or something, like having the stage in the middle, so they need a bigger venue to allow it to happen, somewhere like the O2 wouldn't give them such an option.

Listened to it once, not as catchy as the first one. Saw them last year at Glastonbury in the rain. Easy listening, but not a massive fan, although they seem like nice enough chaps.

Muse's new album is out there now. Not listened to it yet.

Back