• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I can't stand the new Muse stuff, pre Absolution was brilliant.

Last edited:
Which one of these songs sounds more 'dreary'?

or

?

Anyone is free to answer, we can have a little vote if you like.

Rather that than some of your TV 'taste'.

If you can't see how they've moved on and developed that's your loss. For me they are both great tunes.

Hollyoaks. Tits and stuff grrrr

Seriously? WTF?! Laughable.

If you can't see how they've moved on and developed that's your loss. For me they are both great tunes.

They're just getting dull, the talent is still there to appreciate but when i listen to their newer stuff it's just sit down music, it doesn't provoke anything in me, when i listen to the old stuff there's so much more energy there. First Muse gig i went to i was at the front the whole time jumping around and going mental, last time i went i spent the entire time sitting down relaxing, they're just not stimulating anymore.

I'd put Coldplay in the same boat, give me a simple song like Shiver with a group playing instruments and making a good sound rather than all this overthought, needlessly complicated stuff trying to make a point. I can probably count on one hand the number of songs from both bands that i've really liked since their 2nd/3rd albums.

Got Mumford and Sons new album and really like it.

Ghosts That We Knew is a beautiful track.

I've been to see Muse 3 times though, think they've gone downhill since Absolution, gone a bit artsy and trying to overdo everything.

Agreed. I saw them twice in the good old days. They've since become a parody of themselves. I've ordered the new album though, so am interested to hear if they've continued the downward spiral. I thought their Olympics song was shockingly bad, so I don't hold out much hope.

They need to fuck off all the rock opera nonsense and return to their edgier, heavier roots.

It's all about developing themselves. I loath bands who rest on their laurels

Every great band does this

Got tickets for Seth Lakeman, Martyn Joseph and Show of Hands.

Folk-tastic. 3 gigs in the space of 3 weeks.

Had some SoH on this morning in readiness.

Folk music is ace.

Back