• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Was a good night at Reef relived a few old memories from my youth. The Wulfrun was about 60% full, but glad to get out and back home and as the weather was getting awful.

I was unfortunate to have to sit through the X Factor this evening and if that wasn’t bad enough also the live performance from the Black Eyed Peas.

It was absolutely shocking.

At the end all four judges stood up and clapped like seals. I just wanted one of them to remark “seriously what the fuck was that all about?”

BBC Sound of 2011 list has been released, who they predict are going to be "the next big thing"

Anna Calvi
Clare Maguire
Dalety
Esben & The Witch
Jai Paul
James Blake
Jamie Woon
Jessie J
Mona
The Naked & Famous
Nero
The Vaccines
Warpaint
Wretch 32
Yuck

I'm sicking of hearing about that Jamie Woon guy on radio 1, they keep playing 1 of his songs and its nothing special.

BBC Sound of 2011 list has been released, who they predict are going to be "the next big thing"

Anna Calvi
Clare Maguire
Dalety
Esben & The Witch
Jai Paul
James Blake
Jamie Woon
Jessie J
Mona
The Naked & Famous
Nero
The Vaccines
Warpaint
Wretch 32
Yuck

God, I feel old. Out of those, I've only heard of Warpaint, who are really good.

Anna Calvi
Clare Maguire
Dalety
Esben & The Witch
Jai Paul
James Blake
Jamie Woon
Jessie J
Mona
The Naked & Famous
Nero
The Vaccines
Warpaint
Wretch 32
Yuck

Isn't this the award that "the Bravery" won one year lol.

Blimey not heard of The Bravery for a good few years. They become "Wolves fans" after picking us out of a hat on Soccer AM. Remember going to see them play the Civic, they weren't too bad.

http://www.illegal-art.net/allday/

If you want some legal top quality music, sounding completely different to whatever you've heard before, check out Girl talks new album as a seamless file.

Night Ripper, & especially Feed the Animals are superb albums.

Tame Impala are bloody good. Cheers for the heads up.

Just heard a new Incubus track and I have to say, I absolutely can NOT wait for next Feb/March time when the new album is due out.

For what it's worth (as I know most people probably won't bother watching it) but one of Brandon's solo hits is on here about half way through and their new track which I'm on about is at the end of this vid -

http://www.enjoyincubus.com/us/news/incubus-xmas-present-our-fans-0

If at least one person clicks the link and likes what they hear then my job is done...

Seriously, they are bloody brilliant and amongst the finest musicians on the planet in my humble opinion.

Apparently, Aretha Franklin has cancer of the pancreas.

Gutted - she is an absolute legend. Hope she manages to beat it. :(

Nice one Jinky!!!! Sounds great! Boyd is a pretensious twat IMO......I thought his spoken word bit in the vid was drivel tbh....but I do love the band
AND I recently learned 'Just a Phase' on guitar. Delighted with myself cos there is some bitchin chrods in there, and the time change as it goes into the verse is hard to pull off......great tune tho, cheers for the heads up! I look forward to their new album

Nice one Jinky!!!! Sounds great! Boyd is a pretensious twat IMO......I thought his spoken word bit in the vid was drivel tbh....but I do love the band
AND I recently learned 'Just a Phase' on guitar. Delighted with myself cos there is some bitchin chrods in there, and the time change as it goes into the verse is hard to pull off......great tune tho, cheers for the heads up! I look forward to their new album
Well done mate, I learnt 'Just A Phase' a few years back when the album first came out and I agree - it's a bitch. Great song though as you say and it sounds sweeeeeet... shame I've forgotten how to play it now though :(

As for the vid, I agree about the speaky bits. That's just thrown in there to make teenage girls wet. The good stuff is their cover of his solo hit with the band/orchestra and the new song. Excited!

Well done mate, I learnt 'Just A Phase' a few years back when the album first came out and I agree - it's a bitch. Great song though as you say and it sounds sweeeeeet... shame I've forgotten how to play it now though :(

As for the vid, I agree about the speaky bits. That's just thrown in there to make teenage girls wet. The good stuff is their cover of his solo hit with the band/orchestra and the new song. Excited!

It seems to have worked...:2xGay:

Apparently, Aretha Franklin has cancer of the pancreas.

Gutted - she is an absolute legend. Hope she manages to beat it. :(

That's terrible news. One of my heroines. The only person Tom Jones was afraid to sing with, which makes her alright by me.

Back