• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

This is how this song should have sounded

Another cover which is better than the original

P.S. On second glance, I would clatter every single one of them, dunno what Boozads is talking about....

Here's a nice live version too, as a contrast.

Went to see The White Lies at The Civic tonight, not a big fan but my girlfriend bought tickets, they're pretty good live but it all got a bit samey for me and could've easily gone home after 4-5 songs without feeling like i'd missed out on anything.

Wasn't a patch on the gig i went to last week, Twin Atlantic at Academy2, i had my doubts about how good they'd be live because the singer has an outrageously strong accent in his singing voice and i wasn't sure how it would work out. They were awesome though, this was a particular highlight....

I fucking love this song, its brilliant, here's a normal version of it, recordings of live performances rarely do them justice...

I love the blokes voice, dont think i've ever heard anyone sing with such a strong accent and he's got a brilliant name, Sam McTrusty.

Last edited:
Went to see The White Lies at The Civic tonight, not a big fan but my girlfriend bought tickets, they're pretty good live but it all got a bit samey for me and could've easily gone home after 4-5 songs without feeling like i'd missed out on anything.

Tend to agree with you. I saw them at the Little Civic two/three years ago and thought the were great. But like you say it does sound very samey and I think I've only given their second album one listen.

Better than the original, and at least on a par with the Buckley version.

Tend to agree with you. I saw them at the Little Civic two/three years ago and thought the were great. But like you say it does sound very samey and I think I've only given their second album one listen.

I saw them as a support act for Muse at Wembley before but at that point they only had one album out and were only really there to waste some time whilst Biffy Clyro got hammered in preparation for the proper support act. They knocked out 5-6 songs and i was fairly impressed, they should've stuck to that.

Better than the original:

They really need to put an end to these reality puppet shows that are infecting the music industry in this country. It's embarrassing. That's all you get on Radio 2 now - Little Mix, Matt Cardle, Olly Murs, etc. bleurgh.

They really need to put an end to these reality puppet shows that are infecting the music industry in this country. It's embarrassing. That's all you get on Radio 2 now - Little Mix, Matt Cardle, Olly Murs, etc. bleurgh.

personally if these acts keep the sad public mass happy and absent from the gigs i want to go to i don't have a problem with them. having said that i don't listen to the radio very much and it is a shame that real bands trying to write their own music are effectively being starved of funding by a music industry and public that favours generally very dull and stage managed "performers".

I think that under-estimates the sad public mass a little. I'm sure they could be just as happy listening to original and genuine music if it was marketed and presented to them correctly.

Back