• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I'm not convinced that those vocals are live. They're too well levelled and balanced and pitch perfect for me. Just something about it isn't as organic as the video would suggest.

Very cool though.

I don't know if it's because I'm out of touch. But there is very little new about in 2012 that is getting me excited.

I don't know if it's because I'm out of touch. But there is very little new about in 2012 that is getting me excited.

Agree.
2 Underworld collections (with 1 or 2 previously unheard tracks).
New Portico Quartet album.
New Spiritualized (rumoured for March).

Very little out there at the mo...

Debating whether I'm interested in the chemical brothers Don't Think movie (7.1 surround sound!)

New Enter Shikari record out soon. At The Drive-In have reformed... that's about it so far.

New Enter Shikari record out soon. At The Drive-In have reformed... that's about it so far.

Oh dear lord, haven't they given up yet? The first album was alright but they seem to have got progressively worse since then, replacing more and more guitar/drums with electronic crap.

We played a gig with these guys back in about 2008 then saw them again at a festival in Derby called "Y Not" last summer. They were ace.

Oh dear lord, haven't they given up yet? The first album was alright but they seem to have got progressively worse since then, replacing more and more guitar/drums with electronic crap.

Agree their Common Dreads album was a pile of the proverbial. However, everything I have heard off the new record sounds very promising so far. I've just got my grubby hands on a copy of it now so will let you know my thoughts.

Agree.
2 Underworld collections (with 1 or 2 previously unheard tracks).
New Portico Quartet album.
New Spiritualized (rumoured for March).

Very little out there at the mo...

Debating whether I'm interested in the chemical brothers Don't Think movie (7.1 surround sound!)

You guys must have your fingers totally off the pulse, as Orbital, Prodigy, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Smashing Pumpkins all have new albums out this year!

New Orbital? Didn't know that. <drools>

The mighty I Am Kloot have a new album out this year too. Cannot wait for that - maybe they'll actually come to Brum/Wolverhampton for a change as well.

This guy is tipped for big things this year.

As is:

Currently enjoying:

Dot Rotten! I believe that's the first grime song anybody has posted on here. I'm not sure it would go down too well.....

Back