• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Killers and Arctic Monkeys have headlined off two albums. They were both packed with big hits though.

Killers and Arctic Monkeys have headlined off two albums. They were both packed with big hits though.

Yeah but neither of those have a singer whose voice sounds like a prepubescent yeti being sodomised with a steak tenderiser.

Fucking abomination of a decision that is.
Get someone with gravitas in. As paddy says, AC/DC would be awesome. Public Enemy could do it. Pretty much anyone but fatm.

To be fair, I imagine trying to bring in a blockbuster name at such short notice would be very, very difficult.

I've seen the Foos before and would have seen them again, but that's mainly as one of my mates is desperate to see them. I'll now spend the evening meandering around to wherever takes my fancy and see what I come across. That's the beauty of the place.

To be fair, I imagine trying to bring in a blockbuster name at such short notice would be very, very difficult.

I've seen the Foos before and would have seen them again, but that's mainly as one of my mates is desperate to see them. I'll now spend the evening meandering around to wherever takes my fancy and see what I come across. That's the beauty of the place.

Blur could have done it?

I'll now spend the evening meandering around to wherever takes my fancy and see what I come across. That's the beauty of the place.
Probably my plan aswell to be honest.

It is a rubbish decision. AC/DC are in the near vicinity with all their equipment trucked up as they are on their Euro tour and between dates. Fully rehearsed as well so they would have been a shit-hot choice. Florence just means I will absolutely avoid the night on the telly. It will be ghastly.

This weeks Top Tip -

tipsoftheweek_1florence.jpg

Iron Maiden's new album - The Book of Souls - is due on the 4th September.

Tracklist:
Disc 1
  • If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
  • Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01
  • The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37
  • The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
  • When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52
  • The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27
Disc 2
  • Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13
  • Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32
  • Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59
  • The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28
  • Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01

Marilyn Manson playing the civic.

Past it fat useless fuckwits Motley Crue touring the UK. Only worth going to check out some of the ladies in the audience. Vince Neil is just a fat fuck.

Bad news - grandmaster flash/sugarhill et al pull out of mostly jazz festival.

Good news - THEY ARE REPLACED BY PUBLIC ENEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Saw incubus at Hammersmith Apollo on Tuesday night and they were absolutely fantastic. Loved seeing them enjoying playing music after 15 odd years of being in a band - they lapped up the massive reaction from the crowd and smashed out tracks spanning from SCIENCE right up to three new songs from their latest EP. Absolute pleasure to see them live again and would definitely recommend.

Saw incubus at Hammersmith Apollo on Tuesday night and they were absolutely fantastic. Loved seeing them enjoying playing music after 15 odd years of being in a band - they lapped up the massive reaction from the crowd and smashed out tracks spanning from SCIENCE right up to three new songs from their latest EP. Absolute pleasure to see them live again and would definitely recommend.

Good to hear. I last saw them in 2007 and Brandon and the guitarist were literally at each others throats onstage.

Scratching my head through the Glastonbury line-up. Is there anyone I need to go and see that's not obvious.

Iron Maiden's new album - The Book of Souls - is due on the 4th September.

Tracklist:
Disc 1
  • If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
  • Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01
  • The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37
  • The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
  • When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52
  • The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27
Disc 2
  • Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13
  • Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32
  • Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59
  • The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28
  • Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01

Adrian heavily involved in the writing as well he should be. Got me excited now.

Back