• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking very likely that Marco Silva is set to quit Fulham for a £40m deal in Saudi Arabia

They have lost Solomon and if as seems likely Mitrovic and Palinha go then they will be very different next season to last

They have lost Solomon and if as seems likely Mitrovic and Palinha go then they will be very different next season to last
I guess this how some look at us? We have lost Neves, Moutinho and to a lesser extent Collins and Adama.

But with both clubs it's how and if they replace those players.

That's a lot of money to say no to
Especially for a manager. However well he's done in the last two seasons, if he lost say, 6 of his first 8 games next season Fulham would just sack him.

I think compensation stops once you start a new job?
Would do generally (like we shouldn't still be paying Bibs & Cones Man now) and they often have a break clause.

In any case he signed a three year deal with Everton in the summer of 2018 (sacked in December 2019) so it would long since have run out.

Everton put the whole payment through their accounts in one lump but keep paying the monthly wage for cash flow reasons I think. They were definitely paying several managers at a time at one point.

Looking very likely that Marco Silva is set to quit Fulham for a £40m deal in Saudi Arabia
Silva rejects Al Ahli and stays at Fulham (as gathered from the Raul story)

Who next for Italy? Always wanted Ancelotti but he's fairly settled with Madrid. Spalletti is another I've always suggested and he is free after leaving Napoli. They could go foreign, Lopetegui!

JS99217453.jpg

He's working as a Technical Director in Indonesia at the moment. Split from his young Romanian wife for an even younger Romanian model too

Looks like it will be Spalletti which I'm happy with, talk of confirmation on Wednesday

Also rumours that Mancini has been offered sill money to go and coach the Saudi national side

Luciano Spalletti confirmed as new Italy manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back