• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to look at this without sounding woke or misogynistic.
Stripping it back regardless of gender if she’s qualified and proved a level of competence in coaching then reality is there should be no problem.
Never played the men’s game obviously, but conversely you could point that at the likes of Jose Mourinho, Brendan Rogers, Mark Wharburton etc yep two of them aren’t Stella but all 3 have maintained positions at reasonable levels and all 3 have limited if any playing experience.
That’s the ideal world scenario.
Reality is will she be fully respected by the playing staff? Behaviours of fans in the ground who will pass of sexist chants as mild banter.
Other roles in football have women participating and we think nothing of it now in the men’s game. Physios, club doctors, data analysis, officials and senior administration roles.
I agree though if Vince was so pioneering he would have hired her full time or at least on a 1 year contract.
All this is fair comment I think.
You have to start somewhere though and I would suggest that club is as good as anywhere.
She'll need to be very strong minded and will need a lot of support from her bosses and the non twattish fans.

She’s the academy manager, has been for a number of years. I imagine she has the respect of the staff.

So obviously has displayed a level of coaching competence and has necessary UEFA badges.
My attitude is give her a chance and let’s see, nevertheless judge her results the same way a males results would be. If no good take the same action.

It's great news imo, everything crossed she absolutely smashes it. There are a number of clubs who'd massively improve their manager if they had the stones to look at the likes of Hayes and Wiegman instead of the usual dinosaurs or thick as shit ex-pros that get gigs easily

It's great news imo, everything crossed she absolutely smashes it. There are a number of clubs who'd massively improve their manager if they had the stones to look at the likes of Hayes and Wiegman instead of the usual dinosaurs or thick as shit ex-pros that get gigs easily
Now it's MY turn to completely agree with Del.

WTF is happening to this place at the moment? Wolves need to sign someone, pronto.

There’s no time limit on interim management, could mean interim until the end of the season.

There’s no time limit on interim management, could mean interim until the end of the season.
Of course, but the term "caretaker" has always meant short term? Hasn't it?

Rob Edwards, Paul Shirtliff, Bobby Downes they were all "caretaker" managers who did a few games until the club appointed their long term choice for the role.

I guess she may well do a Colin Lee and be promoted from caretaker to permanent, but that's pretty rare.

Nah I doubt they'd even announce it if the intention was that she just do a bit of preseason until a bloke arrives
I think that's exactly the intention.

The 39-year-old will remain at the helm while the club’s owner Dale Vince searches for a new permanent manager to replace Ferguson after the Scot’s poor spell in charge.

Of course, but the term "caretaker" has always meant short term? Hasn't it?

Rob Edwards, Paul Shirtliff, Bobby Downes they were all "caretaker" managers who did a few games until the club appointed their long term choice for the role.

I guess she may well do a Colin Lee and be promoted from caretaker to permanent, but that's pretty rare.

Gary O'Neil was caretaker/interim for months last season then got the gig permanently.

Gary O'Neil was caretaker/interim for months last season then got the gig permanently.
You got there just before me.........he then went on to do a really good job , kept Bournemouth up and safe with a few games to go......and then they sacked him .
Mind you , he now has a much improved CV , which he didn't have prior to this , so he should be fine for his next job .

For every Gary O'Neil there are dozens of Mike Stowells, Kevin Macdonalds, Tony Parkes, John Carvers, Duncan Fergusons (at Everton) or Michael Carricks.

Again,

The 39-year-old will remain at the helm while the club’s owner Dale Vince searches for a new permanent manager to replace Ferguson after the Scot’s poor spell in charge.

Is TWF changing the definition of what is considered caretaker manager?

We can point to countless managers who are inept so I suspect her career and qualifications to date place her above the likes of Dean Saunders and Paul Ince already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back