• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Bruce the new Macclesfield manager

Weird stuff going on between Crawley and Colchester.

Colchester sacked Ben Garner recently and put Matty Etherington in temporary charge. Crawley then complained as they claimed that under the terms of him leaving them, Etherington wasn't allowed to work for anyone at similar level until summer 2024 and they didn't know he'd been working for Colchester at U21 level since June. So on Saturday Colchester had to cancel that appointment and let someone else manage their game (as it happens, they won).

Colchester have now basically said screw you, we're appointing him anyway (but still only as interim), take us to court if you like.

Are Non-Competes a thing over there?

Last edited:
They are in that you can claim paid severance money back for breach of the severance agreement from the individual. In terms of stopping the appointment and itself it might be more challenging. I imagine there is a no poaching clause as well, although I imagine the two clubs are now in “wouldn’t sell them a virus” mode anyway.

Stephen Clemence getting the Gillingham job. Having spent his entire coaching career on Steve Bruce's staff to date you'd have to hope he's picked up nothing along the way.

Mad that he can still get a job. He’s hopeless!

Tranmere have given PowerPoint Adkins the job permanently. Which is odd as he's been caretaker for nearly two months and they're awful - second bottom of League Two and have lost the last four (lost 12 out of 16 across the season).

Also given him a deal to 2026, just in case y'know, someone wants to nick a manager who last had a job two years ago.

Christian Lattanzio set to remain in charge if Charlotte FC, which isn’t my favorite news but at least means the Solskjær rumors were bunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back