• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's back to the Hoddle point from a couple of days back.

If you have terrible results and play awful football (which he does) then I'm not sure how he's a good coach.
Plenty of people in football who can do the coaching side but just can't manage them.
Can get their ideas across, make sessions interesting etc but when it comes being personal they just can't do it. For Lage, Coady is a good example.
Had decided he was changing how we played and Coady would not be 1st choice...just didn't tell him because he didn't know how to do it.

He was a shit appointment but he wasn't dragged out of nowhere by Jorge. He had some standing in the game but should have decided after Benfica to stick to being on a coaching team.

Great ammunition for me next time DC come to town.

"Your city's so shit, Rooney left you for fucking Brum"
Birmingham isn't a shithole, City Centre wise, it has been regenerated as a lot of UK Cities like Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff etc. Some outskirts are ropey, but find me a City that isn't. Don't mistake our hate of Brummie teams with thinking the City Centre is a dump...he'll also commute from Alderley Edge like he did at Derby

I really don't mean to patronise here but the difference being a manager or head coach sets the agenda and communication style and a good coach carries out those agendas.

Both Hoddle and Lage are good coaches but terrible head coaches/ managers.
I'm going to disagree, neither of them can get ideas across properly or even close, neither of them have ideas that seem even vaguely workable, their football is awful, their results are dreadful, they never switch strategy when it's obviously going wrong, so what exactly are they doing that's so highly regarded?

If it's at the level of "Bruno Lage can communicate Carlos Carvalhal's strategies really well" then I'm going to pass. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a senior coaching role, he's a twat.

At least with Hoddle you might think (naively) "this guy was a superb footballer and has been a big star at huge clubs, managed England, so maybe he's on the right track" if you were one of his players. With Lage...it's just some gibbering fool, and we've won 1 out of 15 games so what the fuck are you on about.

Last edited:
Birmingham isn't a shithole, City Centre wise, it has been regenerated as a lot of UK Cities like Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff etc. Some outskirts are ropey, but find me a City that isn't. Don't mistake our hate of Brummie teams with thinking the City Centre is a dump...he'll also commute from Alderley Edge like he did at Derby
I suppose I did rather mix my metaphors there...

Replace "city" with "club" and still fun to shout. :)

Salernitana, bottom of Serie A, fire Paulo Sousa and appoint Filippo Inzaghi

At least Sanderson keeps his place

If he brings over Ravel Morrison after not even including him in DC's squad for the 2023 season...

Ex-wolf Carl Robinson on his coaching team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back