• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clapton may be a good guitarist, but he's a phenomenal racist. And it wasn't "a joke". He repeated it in 2004 and 2007.

What did he say? Linkage?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2007/dec/01/ericclaptonisnotgod
Clapton has no problem letting fly when he needs to get something off his chest. In 1976 - drunk and loose-lipped - he used a Birmingham concert to praise racist Tory Enoch Powell and declare that Britain was becoming a "black colony" and that he wanted "the foreigners out". (Handy that Hendrix was dead). Reports of this show led directly to the formation of Rock Against Racism. In 2004, he told Uncut mag that Powell was "outrageously brave", rather than dismiss his past comments as drunk ravings.

http://thequietus.com/articles/11246-physical-resistance-hundred-years-anti-fascism-extract

1976 was a busy year for anti-fascists. Rock Against Racism (RAR) was launched in the autumn. The story is a well-known one, but bears repeating. In August, Eric Clapton interrupted his set at the Birmingham Odeon to advise his fans to ‘Vote for Enoch Powell’ and ‘stop Britain becoming a black colony.’ In case his audience didn’t get the full implications of his message, Clapton expanded: ‘Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out’ and repeated the phrase ‘Keep Britain White’.

Apparently the whole speech he made is as follows:
Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some fucking wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the fucking foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You fucking (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

Apparently Coleman will step down after Wales' 2018 World Cup campaign.

Allardyce being interviewed for the england job this week by all accounts.

Looking on the positive side, he's not 'arry, or 'oddle...

Don't get the snobbery towards Allardyce. Actually I do, it's just snobbery.

Well done Sam on getting 36 points from 30 games this season. When Defoe was already there. Definitely England material.

Don't get the snobbery towards Allardyce. Actually I do, it's just snobbery.

It's not snobbery, it's the fact he's won the square root of fuck all and his team's play a style of football that was first designed with Graham Taylor in the late 80's and early 90's.

Allardyce gets the best out of limited players....insert your own punchline re the England squad

Well he's been successful every where he's been. Football isn't as bad as made out. It can't be any worse than the shit already been served up.

Not saying he's a star candidate but don't think we should turn our noses up at him

I would. He's an oaf who plays shite football with mediocre results.

I wouldn't call Bobby Robson or Roy Hodgson an oaf.

Allardyce being interviewed for the england job this week by all accounts.

Looking on the positive side, he's not 'arry, or 'oddle...

I am a bit on the fence with this myself. He does seem to have a limited style of play yet I cant imagine a team constructed by him failing as meekly as England did to Iceland. For a start his squad would have been different . Andy Carrolls international career could suddenly improve and lightweights like Sturridge would have to work a lot harder. I cant see him playing Rooney in midfield ahead of recognised midfield players just because its Rooney. He may be a limited coach but there is no fucking around with him. His reaction to Adam Johnson pleading guilty was to sack him within minutes IIRC. While the premier leagues top teams continue to be made up of a significant number of foreign players the England squad will be selected from elsewhere. Its an opportunity for English players to shine at clubs not considered Big. That could also be good especially if Brexit brings work permit requirements.
It may be too soon for Eddie Howe but Allardyce is not Hoddle or Harry as you say.

Wales, Iceland and Portugal all demonstrated you can go a long way with relatively mediocre players if they are organised and play as a team. Sam would have a plan and I’m confident he would take England further in tournaments than most managers. It might not be the best football you’ve ever seen but neither was Portugal’s and I doubt anyone in Portugal could care less!

Allardyce to England rumours getting stronger all the time - Sunderland are letting him talk to the FA.

In the same way I wanted Theresa May to beat Gove, Johnson and Leadsom, I want Allardyce to beat Redknapp, Hoddle and Bruce but FFS, this is hardly good news. It's not the epiphany we all wanted for the national side. More turgid rubbish awaits.

Who knows - maybe Big Sam will find a way to make the England team work in a cohesive system playing attractive, positive football. And maybe Theresa May will grow a heart. Can't say I'm that hopeful of either though.

The fact that Big Sam is the best English manager we can come up with shows how bad it is with all the foreign managers in the PL. We really need to start giving up and coming English managers a chance. Look at the list FFS...Allardyce, Pardew & Bruce! Only Howe looks to have some potential. What has happened to English managers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back