• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Wolves don't join the carousel, they can keep getting jobs all they like. Them managing is only good for Wolves (and everyone else).

+1

Pleased Villa went for Schteve instead of Wagner.

Bruce will get Villa into the play offs this season. Like Mick and Colin he's a good Championship manager that doesn't over complicate the way you need to play in this league and although their defence is suspect their attacking options are as good as anything anyone else has.

Midfield is rubbish as well. RDM, fraud that he is, ended up playing virtually 4-1-5 in his final month or so. Their squad still needs huge amounts of work, they haven't got rid of all the dross that's been stinking the place out for years and they're stupidly overloaded with strikers. Whoever directed their spending over the summer got it badly wrong, didn't address all the areas that needed fixing, way overpaid for most of what they bought, left the squad unbalanced and some of those they bought are simply substandard.

After sanctioning around a £45m net spend I'm not sure Dr Tony will be handing Bruce much more in January.

Alan Stubbs sacked by Rotherham.

SSN say they've approached the Partick manager (being as hiring from lower league Scottish football went so well last time)

Kenny Jackett to the Millers. Don't think he'll keep them up

He's done a good job with Millwall in the past and given limited resources he's always done a good job. He just hits his limit around the third season.

Depends on what he can do between now and January I guess. If he can keep them within touching distance and is given a chance in the window they have a chance.

If they do go down, they will be stupid not to stick with him in League 1. A couple of our players on the edge of the 1st team will be texting him good luck messages today

Depends on what he can do between now and January I guess. If he can keep them within touching distance and is given a chance in the window they have a chance.

If they do go down, they will be stupid not to stick with him in League 1. A couple of our players on the edge of the 1st team will be texting him good luck messages today

Suspect a couple might have already been in touch with estate agents...

Good luck to KJ. Though he has a tough job on his hands, I think he is capable of keeping them up.

He will bring them back up comfortably. Surviving this time might be quite a tough ask though.

i dont think it will be easy to bring Rotherham back up unfortunately

They were very VERY good at that level. Our closest challengers when we dominated affairs.

I would expect them to come back up very easily.

i dont believe so, could be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back