• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Could easily see some MLS club getting conned into an expensive punt on him. Not 35m expensive, granted.

Better for him than being sat on the bench not being used. I guess no championship clubs were after him which must be a disappointment for him and us.

I can see him leaving for circa £10m in the summer if he has a decent spell at Rangers. Probably abroad, probably back to Portugal.

Better for him than being sat on the bench not being used. I guess no championship clubs were after him which must be a disappointment for him and us.

He wouldn't be interested in the Championship, too much like hard work. He wants to piss around and tap in a few goals in the last minute against farmers and celebrate in front of a big crowd like he's just won the Champions League.

He'll have fun there playing against defenders like Bevis Magabe and acting the prat with Todd Cantwell. He might not like it so much when Rangers fans see him palling around with Celtic players before corners while they're losing.

He might not like it so much when Rangers fans see him palling around with Celtic players before corners while they're losing.
That's a good point, they'd do well to tell him that's a very bad idea.

With the father in law at the moment (Rangers season ticket holder) and he’s quite happy with it.

The fact Rangers dominate so many teams is probably a good thing as Fabio will no doubt hang around the box and knock a few goals in. I don’t suppose it’ll make too much difference to the transfer value, but it should mean we’ll have interest from a few clubs in the summer.

It’s another good loan for him, though - so it’ll be interesting to see if he actually takes it seriously or not.

Thing is I don't even think he's a good finisher. Loads of dreadful misses in his Wolves back catalogue. In fact more of them than actual goals.

It’s another good loan for him, though - so it’ll be interesting to see if he actually takes it seriously or not.
I understand what you're saying, but for me, no, it won't be interesting in the least.

He will never be our player in any significant competition. Unless he goes and bangs in goals at a rate of 2 per 90', there's nothing he can do to make me care at this stage.

What he does from here is utterly meaningless. The money is lost and that's that.

It's a fairly high pressure environment for him if he ends up as their first choice forward, obviously they're much better than vast majority of their opposition but there's an expectation that comes with that. Could be a good spell for him, should be plenty of opportunities for him so chance to build some confidence and also that expectation from the crowd might make him grow up a bit.

That's the real key for him to have any sort of career at a decent level, he needs to realize he's not a child anymore, people invest a lot in their teams' successes and if he's playing a lot those people will expect him to take it seriously and contribute. Up to him which way it goes as he keeps getting chances to turn it around but I suppose on the other hand he's earned enough already to just toss it off until the end of his contract and never work again for the rest of his life.

You definitely get some players who don't have the mentality for the top level, Klopp called Sturridge out for it very early on and he went on to drift for a few years, playing his final Premier League game at 29, before quietly retiring to zero fanfare after nothing spells in crap leagues.

But Sturridge clearly had a load of ability, as frustrating as he could be to watch and as easily as he would cry off. I don't think Fabio has the ability, I'm still none the wiser as to what he's supposed to be good at.

I reckon he will be decent when he gets a proper haircut.

Thing is I don't even think he's a good finisher. Loads of dreadful misses in his Wolves back catalogue. In fact more of them than actual goals.
Oh I completely agree. But we have hardly been a team in the past that’s laid hundreds of chances on a plate for him - so when he did get a chance, he seemed to grab at them and miss, which of course sticks in the memory more.

I just think through the sheer number of chances he’ll get up there compared to down here he’ll end up scoring a few by default.

I only really care about him scoring goals there so Wolves get a higher transfer fee. Not because I like him. He’s come across as a spoilt cock with a terrible attitude whose opinion of himself is waaaaay above where it should be. Sooner we get rid permanently, the better.

I think I’ll always have a soft spot for him for whatever reason. I used to hope he’d do well here but obviously that isn’t going to happen so I’d like him to have a decent career somewhere in Europe

Reactions: b3h
You definitely get some players who don't have the mentality for the top level, Klopp called Sturridge out for it very early on and he went on to drift for a few years, playing his final Premier League game at 29, before quietly retiring to zero fanfare after nothing spells in crap leagues.

But Sturridge clearly had a load of ability, as frustrating as he could be to watch and as easily as he would cry off. I don't think Fabio has the ability, I'm still none the wiser as to what he's supposed to be good at.

There are players out there who manage careers without seemingly any standout ability though, I mean Dave Kitson seemingly had nothing going for him at all from memory. Think the only that looks anyway promising for Fabio is his movement, he does at least seem to understand how to find himself some space around goal. You can imagine at youth level that could've made him stand out, an understanding of the game beyond his years. Then he steps up to senior level, people are either wise to that sort of movement or have the physical advantages over him to overcome it and he's gone from best in class to professional failure almost overnight.

You can see how that might knock someone back, he simply wasn't ready to be a first team option when he came to Wolves. Now it's looking increasingly likely that he'll never be ready for this level but he has got time, and at least one more opportunity, on his side.

I remember reading an interview Ricky Lambert did a few years ago, might be able to dig it out somewhere, where he basically said he dicked around too much and wasted his chance. When Liverpool released him he just coasted along at shit clubs without really exerting himself because he still got to play football for a living without trying too hard or sacrificing too much. Then he got the move to the move to Southampton and saw what he'd been missing out on when he entered a proper professional setup and so he decided to give it a proper go with that support around him, hoping he could maybe do something worth telling his grandkids about.

Is that a picture of King Charles on the wall? Yep, all perfectly normal behaviour.
Massive on the Royal Family at Rangers.
Queen was said to have a huge liking of the club due to their allegiance to the monarchy.

Back