• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Having an online falling out with someone who made their first toad in the hole last night.

And then proceeded to put ketchup on it...

Horrific. For a start you need gravy (as thick as possible) with toad in the hole and who the FUCK puts brown sauce on a gravy dish?

Brown sauce is pretty much compulsory with any sausage dish, regardless of any other wet on the plate.

Not a hope.

Brown sauce on hot dogs for a start, no.

Brown sauce on chorizo, I don't think so.

This is degenerate behaviour.

TemptingMinorGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

Red sauce on a sausage sandwich, brown if it's part of a fry-up. Get to fuck with spoiling your gravy with it though.

For once I agree with Dan. You don't put brown sauce on pastry (well maybe a cornish pastie), regardless of what's mixed in with it.

Gravy and plenty of mash.

Brown sauce permissible with a Scotch pie.

Just sausage on a sandwich - I'll go for brown. But I normally have either sausage and tinned tomato (chilli ones if possible) or sausage and egg, and for me brown is out of bounds when you bring egg or mushrooms into the equation.

Brown sauce (the proper stuff - Daddies or HP only) is great with a fried egg.

Hot dogs and chorizo aren't classic sausages, Mr. Pedant!

Brown sauce on pastry is good. Cornish paste, sausage roll, steak bake. Yep yep yep.

Steak bake has gravy in it you grotty mother.

Stick brown sauce on your Sunday roast, would you? I think not.

Brown sauce (the proper stuff - Daddies or HP only) is great with a fried egg.

It's acceptable but it's not for me.

Agreed on sauce, those are the only two choices. Cafe brown sauce is always grim so I never take it.

Ketchup is purely for children, unless it's hot dogs then ok. Anyone putting ketchup on or near a steak needs a dry slap.

I actually think Lidl's brown sauce is good. It's the only own brand that gets anywhere near to Daddies for me.

Their salad cream is good too.

Steak bake has gravy in it you grotty mother.

Stick brown sauce on your Sunday roast, would you? I think not.

I don't have sausage with my Sunday roast. Stop shifting the goal posts! :icon_lol:

Back