• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

I think you will find they are called "Sosig" on Rate My Plate
I prefer to stick with "sausages"

Did you see this mornings comment, "Last time I saw that much bean juice I was flicking the Mrs" :icon_lol:

Had the day off so busted out the supplies from my last visit to Texas

74bd8956cfc2cd03d07983903482753b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44f81f9d984557aa958058e59820aeac.jpg

Mmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Got some dried chilli's for Christmas. The flavour in them is unreal!

that's the lady. she's got a weak constitution when it comes to spices so I had her give it a taste during lunch when she came home. "perfect spice level", tyvm!

it's tasting pretty fantastic already, haven't even chopped up the meat or added the masa yet. Can't wait to dig in in another 4 hours or so.

Nice! Got some dried chilli's for Christmas. The flavour in them is unreal!

I've moved to just using dried chiles in my chili/spicy dishes now, no more powder over here. Tastes much better and allows you to tailor the spice level.

I had a bunch of dried chiles in the cabinet from local stores but they were hard and brittle garbage compared to the stuff I got during my trip to the south.

it's tasting pretty fantastic already, haven't even chopped up the meat or added the masa yet. Can't wait to dig in in another 4 hours or so.

How was it?

Belly draft, mashed rutabaga ( swede to me and you) mashed tata, peas and gravy.

How was it?

not to toot my own horn, but... toot tooty toot toots

gf had some leftovers for lunch (always tastes even better the next day), and texted, "this may be the best batch you've ever made". :)

I even went through the trouble of actually writing out the recipe once we agreed it came out rather nice.

Why? The bear already told you the recipe... :D

too lazy to copy/paste from my app for formatting but here's an ss:

UF26eAT.png

That seems a lot of ingredients for a Chilli, but worth it if it was as good as you say :)

Wot and wot?

Belly draft as in pork belly, a piece of meat that when cooked you should have a nice skin of crackling (which is the best part ) on the outside. Rutabaga, looks like a big turnip and tastes like swede, cabbage, and turnip. A vegetable that was eaten a lot during the war, food shortages, and famine. It's tasty with butter and black pepper.

Rutabaga, looks like a big turnip and tastes like swede, cabbage, and turnip.

I hope the wind doesn't change, because the face I am pulling....

That seems a lot of ingredients for a Chilli, but worth it if it was as good as you say :)

It certainly has a lot of 'stuff' but nothing too weird or out of the ordinary. And given that it's a chili, a lot can be left out/changed if desired. The important part of this recipe is making that base with the dried chiles.

my turkey chili is a lot more straightforward.

E8qKtpb.png

Back