• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

With Leeds fishy posts in mind, I'm having Mackerel Fillets. Not really looking forward to them, but then I never really do with fish dishes, but once I tuck in I enjoy it. Having them with a red pepper rice dish.

More fishy stuff.
9dd77f967a538b6f92382483809d43bc.jpg

Yeah. Yesterday was Sea Bass, but today was Grey Mullet.

I've just made Mrs HW a Paneer curry.

It turned out great.

I know that if somebody had suggested that I could of been be a chef when I was 17 I could of done really well.

Never mind...lost opportunity. My wife will appreciate all my culinary skills when I retire. I love it!

She also appreciates that I am the tidiest chef in the world!! I wash and clean as I cook.

Attempting my very first Slow Cooker meal today. - A Camp Fire Stew.

Gammon Joint, Onions, Peppers, Carrots, Kidney Beans, Tin Toms, Baked Beans, Tom Puree, Paprika, Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Chilli Flakes

Chinese Takeway leaflet on standby for 5.30......

I made my first ever pie on Saturday. It was fucking glorious - steak and ale. Went down a treat (no, I didn't make my own pastry - that would have been dumb).

Gammon Joint, Onions, Peppers, Carrots, Kidney Beans, Tin Toms, Baked Beans, Tom Puree, Paprika, Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Chilli Flakes

Marvellous. Don't listen to the inevitable Culinary Nazi backlash about slow cookers. They're very handy!

Ha, made that last week! Was very nice, but if you follow the same recipe as I did you will end up with a ton of leftovers.

Ha, made that last week! Was very nice, but if you follow the same recipe as I did you will end up with a ton of leftovers.

I'm a greedy bastard so not much hope of that

Shop-bought pastry any day of the week.

The only problem was that I realised quite late on (i.e. during the cooking) that I don't have a pie dish :icon_lol:

So I had to use a casserole dish. So although the taste was spot on, the presentation left a bit to be desired....

Kenny, it will be delicious. Slow cookers make an excellent stew.

*Note to self.... Buy Langers a pie plate for Christmas.

If you're putting kidney beans in then leave the baked beans out!

Back