• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

It annoys me how good the pros are at getting out the bunkers. When they go in near the green it’s more like a chance of holing it rather than the penalty it seems it should be.

Obviously, a stupid thing to be annoyed about on various levels.

Sky really are taking the piss with the amount of adverts tonight. I don't need to see the trailer for Furiosa for the millionth time.

It annoys me how good the pros are at getting out the bunkers. When they go in near the green it’s more like a chance of holing it rather than the penalty it seems it should be.

Obviously, a stupid thing to be annoyed about on various levels.
It winds me up too. That they can even get check spin is ridiculous.

I know he's divisive but I love watching Bryson. Bloke is a monster and it's refreshing to see someone doing it their own way, set apart from what everyone else is doing.

His YouTube channel is really good too.

He’s a better watch than Schauffele and his never ending practice swings.

He’s a better watch than Schauffele and his never ending practice swings.
That same take-away drill every time before he hits it gets annoying. Not as bad as Harmon with his endless waggles though

McIlroy just thrown away major #5. 3 bogeys on the final 4 holes, 2 of those missed putts within 5 ft.

Yep he was two shots ahead on the back nine. Then missed two 3 footers to completely ruin it.

Great final bunker shot from Bryson though.

Disappointing for McIiroy. It's almost like when he was younger he played with no fear and now he is older, he's worrying more. Those two putts will haunt him for a long while. Nice to see Bryson growing up. Well deserved win.

Disappointing for McIiroy. It's almost like when he was younger he played with no fear and now he is older, he's worrying more. Those two putts will haunt him for a long while. Nice to see Bryson growing up. Well deserved win.
Don’t see it this way - the poor choices of tee shots at the end (overshooting the par 3 and taking driver on the last) were when he should have been less gung-ho and playing the percentage shot - had played with more caution all week, and should have stuck with it until the end.

Don’t see it this way - the poor choices of tee shots at the end (overshooting the par 3 and taking driver on the last) were when he should have been less gung-ho and playing the percentage shot - had played with more caution all week, and should have stuck with it until the end.
The 16th was just a mistake. Trying to play the fade instead of the draw was a mental error. The putt compounded that.

But his head had gone on the 18th completely, the putt was all over the place culminating in him hitting half way up the ball.

DeChambeau's drive on the 18th was a mad choice but that bunker shot was worth the win on its own. He played very well over the whole 4 days.

I noticed that the PGA have not taken this well.

The 16th was just a mistake. Trying to play the fade instead of the draw was a mental error. The putt compounded that.

But his head had gone on the 18th completely, the putt was all over the place culminating in him hitting half way up the ball.

DeChambeau's drive on the 18th was a mad choice but that bunker shot was worth the win on its own. He played very well over the whole 4 days.

I noticed that the PGA have not taken this well.
Would have been interesting for Bryson to have had to get up and down from that bunker to get in the playoff - Rory missing his short putt took the pressure off a challenging shot.

What have the PGA not taken well? LIV golfer winning?

That would seem petty. I am very much on the despise side of the fence for Bryson, but he won the tournament fair and square. Not his fault Rory had brain farts.

Back