• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Funnily enough I’ve just started watching S2 as well. Freddie patience is being severely tested at times!

One of the funniest parts of the series was when they were discussing Ramadan, so he'd have been up fuelling himself for the day.

Couldn't help but think it was a bit of engineered tv bullshit? Surely Adnan wasn't being consistently late everyday?
Yeah I couldn't believe Adnan the golden boy wasn't up on time!

BBC Four are showing Threads on Wednesday. Apparently it's only been shown something like four times ever in the 40 years since it was made.

I saw it in the 90s at some point and it was equal parts harrowing and incredible. Will give it another look. I mean looking at a nuclear apocalypse is better than re-watching Brentford's goals from yesterday.

BBC Four are showing Threads on Wednesday. Apparently it's only been shown something like four times ever in the 40 years since it was made.

I saw it in the 90s at some point and it was equal parts harrowing and incredible. Will give it another look. I mean looking at a nuclear apocalypse is better than re-watching Brentford's goals from yesterday.
I really need to watch that, I’ve never seen it. Cheers for the heads up mucca.

Think I’m still traumatised from watching it in the 90s

Watching Chernobyl yet again, the most gripping series I’ve ever seen in many ways.
One of the very best dramas ever made.

I too will watch Threads this week. Never seen it before, always been intrigued by it so looking forward to that

It’s an absolute work of art by Barry Hines, that’s the problem it’s so good is the reason it’s so horrific. It was last aired in 2003 I watched it and was deeply affected and I was 22 then.
Key is they used mainly unknown actors and kept the pre nuclear attack stuff all a bit mundane and very rebatable.
Horror films I find hard to be scared of, this depicts a possible future horror show we all could realistically be involved in.
Dont want to give to much up but the scene with the mother and her baby and hospital scenes have haunted me.

Back