• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched the first four and am enjoying it more than I thought I would. It's actually pretty decent, a bit hammy in places but that's to be expected I suppose.

I thought it was good but my Mom fucking loved it and finished the whole series in two days.

Watched the first two episodes of the new Perry Mason series on HBO Max. Really good, but the subject matter is fucking grim.

To be fair , I've started it twice and fell asleep both times, (not because of the programme though !)

Anyone watching Dark on Netflix. I've never had to concentrate so hard on a TV programme before!

Been watching Cardinal on the IPlayer. Nicely bleak.

Anyone watching Dark on Netflix. I've never had to concentrate so hard on a TV programme before!

watched first series a while back. started the second but stopped as wife was struggling to remember who was who given the gap between the 2 series (tbf that is quite easy given the time switches).

i think the third series is out so will start 2 again. i thought first series was really good if difficult to follow at times, definitely my sort of programme.

watched first series a while back. started the second but stopped as wife was struggling to remember who was who given the gap between the 2 series (tbf that is quite easy given the time switches).

i think the third series is out so will start 2 again. i thought first series was really good if difficult to follow at times, definitely my sort of programme.
Yeah, we've just started watching series 3. You have the added element of parallel worlds to contend with too!

Watching it is a delicate mix of concentration trying to remember who everyone is, what time period they are from and how they are all related; combined with just sitting back, letting it all sink in and hoping it makes sense in the end :icon_lol:

Been watching the Woods on Netflix - polish adaption of a Harlan Coben story.

It’s excellent, having an ongoing argument with the wife about dubbing v subtitles though [emoji849]

Been waiting the Woods on Netflix - polish adaption of a Harlan Coben story.

It’s excellent, having an ongoing argument with the wife about dubbing v subtitles though [emoji849]

Subtitles every time! (Says the ex-professional subtitler.)

Subtitles every time! (Says the ex-professional subtitler.)

Same for me, but English is her 4th (or 5th?) language so its unlikely to be an argument I win.

Damn, I struggle with 1 language

Yeah, we've just started watching series 3. You have the added element of parallel worlds to contend with too!

Watching it is a delicate mix of concentration trying to remember who everyone is, what time period they are from and how they are all related; combined with just sitting back, letting it all sink in and hoping it makes sense in the end :icon_lol:

i think the parallel world bit was introduced at the end of first series though it wasn't totally explicit. quite possibly once that penny drops with my wife i'll be watching it on my own anyway, so I might as well just get on with it.

i also started watching season 2 altered carbon so have to get back to that as well.

i think the parallel world bit was introduced at the end of first series though it wasn't totally explicit.

Was it?!?

Totally passed me by then :icon_lol:

Back