• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Jeff would put prices up, they’d have to fund the battle to get back to “where they want to be” somehow. Plus they’ve got to turn the lights on more often.

Wolves have been shit for most our lives. We weren’t bothered about the standard, we went anyway. We’re shit now, been taken the piss out of and people still can’t wait to hand over their money.

I just can’t see people not renewing. People can’t live without it.

I don’t think they would freeze the prices, so it’s moot. But if you were looking at it from purely revenue and nothing else, then I stand by the fact that they’d rather have 18k in at the higher price point than 22k at the lower. But as I said, it wouldn’t happen anyway.
As recently as 2016/17 (when we were spending money, however haphazardly) we were averaging around 21,500. Only just over 20,000 in Morgan's final year of 2015/16.

That is what we would drop to (at absolute minimum) if we regressed to being a middling Championship team, it's an absolutely gigantic tumble from seven years of almost always having 30,000+ in.

As for handing over the money in the past, well they weren't charging absolutely ludicrous sums then, were they. Our prices are a scandal (I know you know this, I'm making a general point).

The smart thing from their perspective if we aren't doomed, but in the bottom 3 would be to bring back the early bird in March. A PL discount with a Championship over payment

I said I wouldn't this season and only renewed on the last day I could. There would be no question next season with championship football and these shit bags in charge.
I'm feeling the same. We have all watched this decline unfold in slow motion, from competing in Europe to propping up the league, backing a rookie manager who is completely out of his depth apart from the excuses aligned with the shit kick off times and days and VAR, I'm close to the limit of my tolerance

That is what we would drop to (at absolute minimum) if we regressed to being a middling Championship team, it's an absolutely gigantic tumble from seven years of almost always having 30,000+ in.
I know. But I’m not talking about a few years time, I’m talking about next summer when we won’t have sold anyone and they’ve given the big chat. Obviously if we stay down then all bets are off for the season after, but that’s not what I’m saying.

They could release the prices 10 minutes after full time of Brentford at home (what a lovely fixture to close the season off with), if we've been relegated then it's blatantly obvious that loads of players are going to leave and never play for Wolves again.

Incidentally we dropped straight to an average gate of 21,662 for 2012/13. Down from 25,682 in 2011/12 and that was with no North Bank at all for the opener vs Fulham (was it out for Spurs as well?) and then only half a stand for the rest of the season.

And Kightly, Jarvis and Fletcher didn't leave until August. In fact Jarvis even played a couple of games in the Championship.

Back