• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Luton have put in the plans for their new ground. 25,000 seater which seems optimistic.

Also looks like a ground you'd see on a 1990s/2000s video game where you could manage the team, build the stadium and be a proto-Jeff Shi by ripping the fans off for every single item.

GXXcxBVWYAAEddw

I remember a bug on "The Manager" (Amiga game) where my brother's third division stadium went from being a tin pot thing to looking like Ibrox (banks of different coloured seating) for no apparent reason.

Those old games where you could modify your stadium (premier manager etc) were always fun but could never hold a candle to Championship Manger (as it was back then).

Was Ultimate Soccer Manager the one where you could do things like take bungs and bet on your team to lose?

Yep.

Also abandonware if you really want to play it.

I remember a bug on "The Manager" (Amiga game) where my brother's third division stadium went from being a tin pot thing to looking like Ibrox (banks of different coloured seating) for no apparent reason.

Those old games where you could modify your stadium (premier manager etc) were always fun but could never hold a candle to Championship Manger (as it was back then).
I think 01/02 is regarded as the best game ever

Yeah it's the last one I can recall having fun on. I've played various incarnations of it since to varying degrees of satisfaction

I did have an Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 game where I took over Albion, knocked down every stand and replaced them with Willenhall Town standard tin sheds and charged £50 (pre-Jeff Shi pricing) to get in.

Simple pleasures.
Hey, nought wrong with Willenhall Town sheds... they had the old Molineux seats in them when we knocked down the old stand for the new one that bankrupted us. Worth far more than £50 ;)

Seen this elsewhere. Disgusting but no surprise nowadays unfortunately.

"My mates daughter was a mascot at the Villa game today. They turned up with her, they got her kitted out and then gave him the bill for £120 quid for the kit! He thought it was a joke but they wouldn't let any of the kids meet the players until they paid for it."

Seen this elsewhere. Disgusting but no surprise nowadays unfortunately.

"My mates daughter was a mascot at the Villa game today. They turned up with her, they got her kitted out and then gave him the bill for £120 quid for the kit! He thought it was a joke but they wouldn't let any of the kids meet the players until they paid for it."
Not being funny but I thought that had been normal for a very long time.

Not being funny but I thought that had been normal for a very long time.

If you’re not informed prior to attending then it’s pretty crap behaviour, they probably do but make it about as clear as mud.
Plus what’s the upfront fee for being a mascot?

Interesting banning England from a tournament they’re doing over 60% of the hosting, the FA can easily turn round a refuse to host it
It won't be the FA making any call though. It will be the government and the regulator.

I suspect the government will call UEFA's bluff on this one.

It won't be the FA making any call though. It will be the government and the regulator.

I suspect the government will call UEFA's bluff on this one.
Heard this on the radio last night and most of the experts believed it was rubbish and would be laughed at as UEFA would have to compensate every contractor they've engaged for the tournament.

It's just them trying to asset their authority which we know is about as thin as it gets.

Back