• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont class them as restricted view though do we. Probably should but that's a couple of seats when the camera man is in town. Seems the restricted views are all over the place in Madrid though

We do have the seats in the quadrant thanks to a concrete wall but we dont sell them, same with seats inline with roof of the Bully stand.

I had a restricted view one (badged as such) vs Carlisle in L1. Basically one of those fibreglass screens in front, just above the disabled section. Presumably there are loads of people who can't wait to throw pies at the already disadvantaged.

Think the price was the same as normal.

I had a restricted view one (badged as such) vs Carlisle in L1. Basically one of those fibreglass screens in front, just above the disabled section. Presumably there are loads of people who can't wait to throw pies at the already disadvantaged.

Think the price was the same as normal.
Rugeley folk dont mind who they fling pies at.

I was just amazed that there seems to be restricted views across 3 categories in a stadium that is pretty new and also being asked to pay over £400 for some of them

One stand has been there since 1994, and they built the rest around it. That could be the cause I guess.

One stand has been there since 1994, and they built the rest around it. That could be the cause I guess.

Some shocking views for the prices a lot of roof supports in the upper tiers restricting the pitch, speaking of crap views any ever sat at the back of the Anfield Road stand?

I’ll have a look on skyscrapercity and see if anything is being said on there. Liverpool fans have been hit by a 600% increase on airfare to the Spanish capital

The restricted 'view' in the Doug Ellis stand at Villa Park is the worst I have had - was there last season and if I had sat in my seat would not not have seen anything outside of the 18 yard box nearest to me, top of the stand blocks the whole thing. Stewards let some of us stand on the steps instead.

Shandong Luneng (Chinese Power Company) want to buy Bolton. Tried last year but gave up dealing with Anderson.

If they get the club they want Big Sam back in charge. I wonder if he fancies a L1 team with at least -12 points to kick off

Payment sent

IMG_20150805_173257.jpg

To bring the talk about the final tickets back out here - the decision for Europa League allocations is a joke, but the location is also.

Fucking Azerbaijan. A country further east than Iraq, with only about 5% of its population even in Europe - Baku is not. A shame that political issues with Armenia mean Mkhitaryan might not be able to play either, he'd likely get a visa if UEFA press for it but right now they're not even willing to make sure the guy's safety. Imagine missing a final over that.

Think Arsenal played Qarabag earlier in the season and he wasn't allowed to travel.

Not such a problem for us next season. The final is in Gdansk.

Judging by this allocation we'd get about 4,200 tickets for that game in Gdansk!

That would be a ridiculous situation.

By the standards of Polish Cities (at least according to my Polish workmates), Gdansk is VERY expensive. What that means in comparison to prices here I have no idea though.

Not such a problem for us next season. The final is in Gdansk.

Judging by this allocation we'd get about 4,200 tickets for that game in Gdansk!

By the standards of Polish Cities (at least according to my Polish workmates), Gdansk is VERY expensive. What that means in comparison to prices here I have no idea though.

Assuming that we make Europe then this will be the issue for most of us - not going to pay for travel for the away games unless I have a ticket & those are likely to be difficult to get.

Should be able to be in there for the home ties

UEFA have said allocations were decided earlier in the season and they only gave 6k to each side as they felt that's as many as a typical side would need with the game being in Asia. If it were a similar size stadium in mainland Europe the allocation would have been higher.

We'll see.

If we equate it then to the Champions League final allocation this year in Madrid then maybe we would get 11,000 tickets. It's pie in the sky anyway, but nice to dream!

UEFA have said allocations were decided earlier in the season and they only gave 6k to each side as they felt that's as many as a typical side would need with the game being in Asia. If it were a similar size stadium in mainland Europe the allocation would have been higher.

Seems daft to point out to UEFA if you are selecting a venue that seriously limits the amount fans that can attend it might not be the best venue to choose.

A shame that political issues with Armenia mean Mkhitaryan might not be able to play either, he'd likely get a visa if UEFA press for it but right now they're not even willing to make sure the guy's safety. Imagine missing a final over that.

"Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry indicated Friday that Arsenal midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan can play in the Europa League final in Baku despite tension between Azerbaijan and his native Armenia.

Asked about Mkhitaryan, ministry spokeswoman Leyla Abdullayeva told The Associated Press that “many major sports events have been hosted in Azerbaijan, and Armenian athletes have taken part in them. Sports and politics are separate.”

Nagorno-Karabakh is a region of Azerbaijan which has been under the control of ethnic Armenian forces backed by Armenia since a war there ended in 1994.

Mkhitaryan did not travel with the Arsenal squad for a group-stage game in Azerbaijan earlier this season.

Arsenal has said it is seeking guarantees from UEFA that Mkhitaryan can travel for the May 29 final against Chelsea.

UEFA said Friday that it had received assurances from Azerbaijan’s soccer governing body, but didn’t mention a government commitment.

“Assurances were sought on this matter by UEFA and Arsenal FC, with the Azerbaijan Football Association confirming that there would be no problem for the player in question to enter and stay in Azerbaijan and that all necessary security measures would be in place,” UEFA said in emailed comments.′"

My dream Europa tie is still alive as Bala Town get to the Welsh Europa League Play Off Final where they will play Caernarfon or Cardiff Met. Shame if it happened we would all have to go to Rhyl rather than Bala. Also highly unlikey to happen as Bala have been in Europe the previous 4 seasons and been knocked out in the 1st Qualifier every time. Last year they became the 1st team to lose to a side from San Marino in Europe.

Just watching the Man City celebrations and they are all leathered. Hopefully they’ll be back on track Tues afternoon when Pep has them back in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back