• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Curran is such a strange cricketer, even when he came through as a teenager bowling in the high 70s, he looked unchallenging, but had a bit of a golden arm. Got into the England team and that continued, even at Test level for a short period of time. He unfairly got a bit of the Gary Neville treatment because of Tom element.

For the last 3 or 4 years though he's been awful for England, teams have the tape and whatever he once did, he now can't

Ridiculous XI. Sam Curran at 6 and Jamie Overton at 7 and not bowling? It's nonsense. We have better players than that.

Rain at New Road and Lancashire being supremely inept doing Warwickshire a big favour.

Decent game at Taunton - Surrey 46 for 3 chasing 221 on a wicket offering plenty to the spinners.

Rain at New Road and Lancashire being supremely inept doing Warwickshire a big favour.

Game has now ended as a draw. After yesterdays collapse it was a good effort to be only 3 down after 80 odd overs.

CC1.png

Notts or Lancs to join Kent you'd think.

Meanwhile, Sam Curran's T20I record over the last year:

3-0-23-0
3-0-18-1
3-0-32-0
2.1-0-23-0
2-0-38-1
3-0-34-2
2-0-25-2
2-0-13-1
2-0-13-0
3-0-25-0
3-0-29-0
2-0-23-2
2-0-25-1
2-0-35-1

11 wickets @ 32.26 (Econ 10.41)

DNB
DNB
5 (4)
13 (14)
50 (32)
DNB
DNB
12 (15)
DNB
DNB
10* (7)
DNB
2 (4)
18 (15)

110 runs @ 18.33 (SR 120.87)

So we never trust him to bowl his full allocation, he leaks runs everywhere, doesn't take many wickets, doesn't score many runs and those he gets don't come very quickly.

Ace.

Archie Vaughan opened for Somerset and got 44 and now has a five-for with the ball. Looks like he might be a handy player
Taken another three in the second innings

Surrey 96/6 and clinging on

101/7 as Vaughan Jr gets Tom Curran

Clark, Steel, Roach and Worrall left

Leach gets one, is it too late...

Last two matches. Surrey have an 8 point lead

Lancashire v Somerset
Surrey v Durham

Somerset v Hampshire
Essex v Surrey

It's on, but I refuse to believe it as we are always the bridesmaid and never the bride. If we were to finally win a title I would be over the moon.

Carse in for Archer. I can buy not overworking Jofra but FOR FUCK'S SAKE YOU HAVE TWO SHIT BOWLERS (ONE OF WHOM CAN'T EVEN BOWL) AT SIX AND SEVEN.

Back