• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

I think there are different rules for premiership and champ.

Premier is the £67m in wages rules and then you can increase each season - this more or less protects the big, established clubs as they can spend more and more each year. Clubs like us have to start at the base £67m before we can build our way up. This strikes me as being borderline illegal as you're limiting the amount of competition the more established clubs have. I don't think the premier league rules care about how much is lost per season.

I think for the championship is that you can't have losses of more than £39m over 3 years. Money pumped in by owners doesn't count

Borderline illegal? It strikes me as flat out illegal and exactly the sort of thing the EU clamp down as a restrictive practice/unfair competition. That's like a govmt department inviting tenders for a project and then saying 'Company A can spend whatever they like on the bid but you other guys are limited to £x.'

Borderline illegal? It strikes me as flat out illegal and exactly the sort of thing the EU clamp down as a restrictive practice/unfair competition. That's like a govmt department inviting tenders for a project and then saying 'Company A can spend whatever they like on the bid but you other guys are limited to £x.'

I think the idea is to mitigate the need to have more players for the extra games in Europe.

The whole purpose of FFP was to ringfence the big boys from everybody else with aspirations to compete.

Surely, it’s to prevent relegated clubs having too much debt?

We’re in a totally different situation to any other previous promoted club that we are looking to get as high as possible as quickly as possible where all previous club are only thinking about survival.

We only need to sell Neves next year for £50m and we’d be able to have wages to the level of Spurs.

Norwich really should have been on front.

Norwich really should have been on front.

Norwich need to take their chances before the last 10 mins when Cardiff will push the big men into the box and then bomb them with high balls and hope to pick up the loose bits.

Norwich need to take their chances before the last 10 mins when Cardiff will push the big men into the box and then bomb them with high balls and hope to pick up the loose bits.

Last 10? That is their game plan for 90 minutes

What are the ramifications for us based on current result? The magic numbers thread hasn't been updated and I am a stupid child so can't work it out me sen.

What are the ramifications for us based on current result? The magic numbers thread hasn't been updated and I am a stupid child so can't work it out me sen.

Cardiff draw or lose - We beat Blues = Promoted & Champions

(Fulham don't win later we are promoted)

Cardiff have lost Bamba so there's their main clogger at the back maybe out for the rest of the season. Can't see them beating Norwich today so tomorrow is party day (just not on the pitch).

not sure how up to date is the table i looked at, but if C & F both fail to win, are we not champions tonight ?

not sure how up to date is the table i looked at, but if C & F both fail to win, are we not champions tonight ?

No.

If Fulham fail to win we are Promoted. Cardiff lose they will be 12 points behind us with 4 to play, so could catch us on points.

Cardiff winning. Title champagne back on ice

Back