• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The bike racing thread

Ahh, gotcha. Never been myself but it’s always been an itch that needs scratching. Don't have a bike now and it’s not the wife’s thing so it’s a ship that might’ve sailed. Still hankering after a ‘classic’ so maybe one day…

That visor issue was a bitch for Dunlop on Sunday, he must’ve been gutted. Unreal record that family have between them.
Think there's quite a few deals where you can fly in for a few days and take in a couple of races and the atmosphere. Every motorsports fan should stand at the bottom of Bray Hill once in their lives.

I miss going to BSB races, just haven't got around to it for at least 14 years. Only just to go as followed Michael Rutter's career closely. My dad worked with his dad Tony at the TT, I probably should try to line it up too whilst Rutter still does the odd one of those

I miss going to BSB races, just haven't got around to it for at least 14 years. Only just to go as followed Michael Rutter's career closely. My dad worked with his dad Tony at the TT, I probably should try to line it up too whilst Rutter still does the odd one of those
I followed Tony (and Michael), he was one of my local dealers.
My lad took me to Oulton last year for BSB, it was brilliant.

• Love
Reactions: jlo
Think there's quite a few deals where you can fly in for a few days and take in a couple of races and the atmosphere. Every motorsports fan should stand at the bottom of Bray Hill once in their lives.
That sound like something worth looking into, thanks for that.

Only been to one ‘big’ motorcycling race and that was when I was about 14, the 500cc World Championship at Silverstone at the height of the Barry Sheene/Kenny Roberts rivalry.

I recall Sheene retired early with a mechanical and Roberts walked it. Pretty sure it pissed down most of the day too. The wheelie king Dave Taylor did a lap of the circuit on his back wheel beforehand also. Nothing as spectacular as the bike drifting shows they put on now but was pretty cool at the time.

That sound like something worth looking into, thanks for that.

Only been to one ‘big’ motorcycling race and that was when I was about 14, the 500cc World Championship at Silverstone at the height of the Barry Sheene/Kenny Roberts rivalry.

I recall Sheene retired early with a mechanical and Roberts walked it. Pretty sure it pissed down most of the day too. The wheelie king Dave Taylor did a lap of the circuit on his back wheel beforehand also. Nothing as spectacular as the bike drifting shows they put on now but was pretty cool at the time.
Think we were at that meeting, very confusing, originally the win was awarded to Brtish wildcard Steve Manship but eventually Roberts was given as winner after a few 'inquiries'....1978 maybe.

Back