• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I like Henry but that wouldn't be the worst possible transfer out to have happened.

For the sake of £500k I'd keep him. We wouldn't get another backup as good for that price

It's possible they may have henry and Jacobs mixed up?

Quick, top 3 players based on hair if Henry leaves. I'm getting anxious with him and Jacobs being linked to departures.

I'd be quite gutted by that, he's a good player. If he wants a better guarantee of first team football that would be a good move for him though.

Except for the complete lack of replacement/width in our squad...

Assume if we got rid it would mean that KJ has a lot of faith in Rajiv and one or two of the cubs (Graham, Ismail, etc).

Could also lend credence to the theory that Wallace or Rowe (or, heaven forbid, Edwards) will start playing wide consistently.

Just kill me if I have to watch Dave Edwards out wide. The lack of depth in midfield is getting unsettling if this goes through.

I don't have much faith with the youth either. Iorfa and Price are the best things we've produced lately. Batth is serviceable. Evans just needs some playtime. Everything else has been forgettable.

We have more midfielders per position than any other position in the squad.

I wonder what Nantes would want for Alejandro Bedoya...

We have more midfielders per position than any other position in the squad.

Central midfielders, sure, but wingers? Surely only if you count the youthies (which I'm not sure we should do).

I wonder what Nantes would want for Alejandro Bedoya...

I'm willing to back you here and rate an American player.

And what I meant by lack of depth was lack of quality depth. Who the hell knows what Saville and Rowe can even bring to the pitch at Molineux?

The lack of wingers could be understandable if we are actually looking to take a more narrow approach. Could be easier to have Rajiv adjust his style than to recruit enough bodies to try to replace Sako's production.

I'd be sorry to see Henry go, he's a good all round player and gives us a good alternative to Rajiv

I'd start Henry over RVLP personally and bring the latter on in the second half

Let's be honest, both Henry and RVLP were pretty average last season. The occasional good game and spectacular moment but nowhere near the consistent performances you want in a promotion chasing team. £500k with a year left on his deal and think we paid less than £200k for him so a decent deal. All the best to him if he does go, he was very good in League One for us.

Back