• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Dack is a good shout though. He played well against us last season and has had a good season since for Gillingham.

Gilbey at Colchester is a good young player, wouldn't cost a lot either. Plays a bit deeper though I think.

Many of these players from the lower divisions are big risks. Freeman has been known for years when at Stevenage and now Bristol, he's too lightweight for me and no better than Jacobs.

Dack and Gilbey do look good at their level but as with Pringle at Rotherham the step up to the Championship is a big one physically and some players struggle with the physicality.

The likes of Emyr Huws have proved themselves at Championship level and should be the type we should target. Just having one failed campaign at Wigan reduces his price not his potential.

The likes of Emyr Huws have proved themselves at Championship level and should be the type we should target. Just having one failed campaign at Wigan reduces his price not his potential.

I'd agree with that and I think he spent time at Blouse as well. He's been injured for a large chunk of this season though.

I'd agree with that and I think he spent time at Blouse as well. He's been injured for a large chunk of this season though.
Yes the Blues fans loved him, on the bright side Scott Sellars will know him well should Kenny Jackett require inside information.

What kind of price could Brentford ask for Jota would he be to expensive for us?

Many of these players from the lower divisions are big risks. Freeman has been known for years when at Stevenage and now Bristol, he's too lightweight for me and no better than Jacobs.

Dack and Gilbey do look good at their level but as with Pringle at Rotherham the step up to the Championship is a big one physically and some players struggle with the physicality.

Players from the lower leagues are always risks but sometimes it's worth the risk. Freeman has been know for years since he moved to Arsenal but he's looked absolute quality this year and he would know Afobe, yes it's been a few years but maybe that's a link that would work well. Not seen much of Gilbey but i think Dack would handle the physicality fine whether he would be good enough right now i'm not sure but he would be one to look at if we are looking at league 1.

Players from the lower leagues are always risks but sometimes it's worth the risk. Freeman has been know for years since he moved to Arsenal but he's looked absolute quality this year and he would know Afobe, yes it's been a few years but maybe that's a link that would work well. Not seen much of Gilbey but i think Dack would handle the physicality fine whether he would be good enough right now i'm not sure but he would be one to look at if we are looking at league 1.

Surprised no one has mentioned Kightly. Wasn't he signed from Conference level?

Surprised no one has mentioned Kightly. Wasn't he signed from Conference level?

Yes from Grays. Remember seeing him in the FA Trophy and you could tell he was far too good for that level.

So there you go. If they look good enough, get them. It might work, it might not, but that's true of any player from any league.

Not seen anything from Gallagher in his PL appearances to warrant much excitement.

This probably won't elicit positive sentiment, but that's never really stopped me before...

How much money is Stephane Sessegnon on at West Brom? Doesn't seem like he's in Pulis' plans.

He flatters to deceive. Seems quite a unit and has motivation issues.

If he links up with the right forward I think he could be a real asset. His form at Sunderland when Gyan was there (granted Gyan is absolutely exceptional) was quite good.

IMHO he could do much the same with Afobe and Dicko. Understand though that he's likely to garner much the same response as you've given, Beary. Bar Dan, who I imagine hates him.

I don't hate him (although he tends to have a pretty poor end product), there is no chance at all of him dropping into the Championship or us taking on his wages though.

Us and Albion haven't directly traded since 1993 either, it just wouldn't happen.

Us and Albion haven't directly traded since 1993 either, it just wouldn't happen.

I find this sort of thing woefully silly. I understand why it happens (or doesn't, in this case), but still, it feels so antiquated.

Maybe it's because I have no blood connection to Wolves.

Back