• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Ideally you'd have the #10 or one of the other two in the diamond making "overlapping" runs. Coady has been described by some as box-to-box and this would also open up an opportunity for Evans to stretch his legs assuming he's still here.

Dicko has a tendency to get wide on his own, I'd think his movement is smart enough that opposing defenses won't just be able to flip a "narrow" switch and suddenly be wise to us. I don't think for a second that our diamond would be as static as I think you're expecting it to be.

Opposing defences will do just that. It's what match reporting scouts get paid to report on. I hope you're right about Coady but Evans won't be playing and we don't know what Wallace will do or is capable of.

What makes you think a Diamond isnt static or offers opportunities for overlapping runs? (Who overlaps who and how?)

What makes you think a diamond will work?

This is difficult to explain without being able to draw it out.

Suffice to say for now that I credit our players with enough intelligence to not allow a theoretical formation to let them be marked out of the game.

Pre season just allows an opportunity to try another system. What I would look out for is how many goal scoring opportunities are created for Afobe and Dicko.

Squad lacking in quality in depth still for me. Wallace and Coady are still an unknown. Oldest squad member 29 and thats Dave Edwards. Still Hansen once said you will never win anything with kids and got it wrong so perhaps young and hungry will be enough to improve on last year. Still get the feeling we are 2 or three short of where we need to be if we are to challenge for the top places

McDonald not even on the bench today.....mmm hope it's a knock

Wolves, get your act together and sort out this contract situation sharpish would you?

According to wolves twitter he didn't play because he felt unsettled, #headsgone

Kenny Jackett's call though, McDonald didn't refuse to play. KJ says contract talks have been 'positive'.

His attitude has just been awful to be honest! I think Sako missed a game for being unsettled to be fair but I believe he came up to Jackett to say that himself if I recall correctly

IIRC Sako had told KJ the Forest offer was distracting him, so KJ benched him.

He just left him out altogether vs Port Vale and then the window closed a couple of days later with no deal, so he was back in the team for the next game.

At least Sako was under offer from a team in a higher division, not a club we finished 26 points above last season. Fuck McDonald and his attitude.

If talks are positive why is he so distracted that he can't play in a low level pre season friendly? Perhaps Jackett means talks with Fulham! Doesn't bode well if he's an important part of our plans for next season. I hope I'm wrong but it looks to me like he's off..

I thought we didn't listen to Timbo. Like, ever.

Tim Spiers replaced Tim Nash as the E&S Wolves reporter.

@tim_spiers_star

Tim Nash is now covering Shrewsbury. It's sad really, I might have to stop following him.

Back