• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Let’s be honest, if we are after a ‘lump’, which we clearly are - I’d prefer Seferovic over Kieffer Moore, but that doesn’t say much. And Kieffer fucking Moore shouldn’t be the benchmark anyway.

I hold out some hope that the season before last (when he was injured for the majority of it), it was pretty much the most prolific of his career with 26 goals in 48 games - but I don’t buy the “old mates meeting up for breakfast” stuff. That looks fairly concrete evidence to me.

Ffs.

Can't we just buy Gabriel Jesus? :lolz:

Let’s be honest, if we are after a ‘lump’, which we clearly are - I’d prefer Seferovic over Kieffer Moore, but that doesn’t say much. And Kieffer fucking Moore shouldn’t be the benchmark anyway.
Talking of "big lumps" Martin Ádám who came on for Hungary today was the dictionary definition of one.

I hold out some hope that the season before last (when he was injured for the majority of it), it was pretty much the most prolific of his career with 26 goals in 48 games - but I don’t buy the “old mates meeting up for breakfast” stuff. That looks fairly concrete evidence to me.

Ffs.

Concrete? 😂

There's a small kid sat there, who seems to have more of Lage's attention anyway, whilst Seferovic sits playing with his phone.

If that's a sale pitch for a move then Lage has hardly gone all out with the choice of venue to woo him and it looks like his target is just as enamoured by the effort.

Switzerland are playing Portugal away tomorrow in Lisbon, so a casual catch up is very likely.

Even without the international fixture you wouldn't think it unimaginable that a current, fairly long term, Benfica player and a guy who was born and worked a decent chunk of his career in the Lisbon area might mix in similar circles and maybe cross paths casually.

I know he's split up with Shakira, but I thought the Gavi mum bit was just a Twitter thing that developed a life of it's own, rather than being true?

Concrete? 😂

There's a small kid sat there, who seems to have more of Lage's attention anyway, whilst Seferovic sits playing with his phone.

If that's a sale pitch for a move then Lage has hardly gone all out with the choice of venue to woo him and it looks like his target is just as enamoured by the effort.
Pop your tampon back in.

It’s for the exact reasons you’ve listed in your follow up post that I’d say there’s more in this than 99% of the other rumours on the net, made up by kids with nothing better to do.

They obviously have a good relationship from their time previously working together, so I could quite easily see Lage painting the picture of where he sees Seferovic fitting in to his plans at Wolves, while they meet for an informal lunch & a child is present. Not exactly beyond the realms of possibility.

Time will tell if there’s anything in it.

Pop your tampon back in.

It’s for the exact reasons you’ve listed in your follow up post that I’d say there’s more in this than 99% of the other rumours on the net, made up by kids with nothing better to do.

They obviously have a good relationship from their time previously working together, so I could quite easily see Lage painting the picture of where he sees Seferovic fitting in to his plans at Wolves, while they meet for an informal lunch & a child is present. Not exactly beyond the realms of possibility.

Time will tell if there’s anything in it.

2+2= whatever fucking random ass number Jinky fancies.

Good to know.

Nixon says our priority is still to get MGW to sign a new deal, but the bidding is now at £25m. If that were true and I trusted our recruitment then I'd say that is tempting.

Wolves have reportedly enquired about Braga centre back David Carmo.

🗞 @ojogo
Yeah, I’d be very happy with that. Strong in the tackle, tall, quick, good on the ball and loves a pass. Plus at 22 has a very high ceiling and will improve. Left footed. Just got called up to the senior Portugal squad so his stock will rise from here - now would be the perfect time to get him.

With MGW I don't really care what happens tbh. That's nothing against the player either.

If he stays ill be pleased as he is a local lad and it would be nice to see him do well with us, plus these types of loans to the Championship are surely the last step before getting games back here.

On the flipside doing it in the Championship is a completely different prospect than performing at Premier League level week in week out. You only have to look at someone like Cavaleiro to see what can happen. I know this has been said a lot down the years but I feel like the gap between the Premier League and the Championship is bigger than ever and growing. There seem to be at least 2 teams promoted every season that have been relegated a year or 2 prior.

Ultimately it will be down to MGW not Wolves. If he signs a deal and wants to stay he will be given the opportunity for games but if he won't sign, with 2 years left on his deal i don't mind if he goes for North of 20m.

If the rumour is £25m I think we’ll take that. Anything higher towards the £30m mark would be great business for the club & I don’t think anyone could moan at him going for that.

#PSG enters the race for João Palhinha!

Luis Campos would welcome the recruitment of the defensive midfielder and could offer the 30M requested by Sporting.

Wolverhampton need to up their offer which is currently 25M.
[ @ojogo ]

DW will be happy.

If the rumour is £25m I think we’ll take that. Anything higher towards the £30m mark would be great business for the club & I don’t think anyone could moan at him going for that.
Yeah i think I agree, seems crazy that we might get a fee for MGW not **that** far away from what we get for Neves!

Yeah, I’d be very happy with that. Strong in the tackle, tall, quick, good on the ball and loves a pass. Plus at 22 has a very high ceiling and will improve. Left footed. Just got called up to the senior Portugal squad so his stock will rise from here - now would be the perfect time to get him.
Man Utd and Wolfsburg linked two days ago.

Agent touting his player around by the look of things.

Back