• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

If he going to be Walter 2 then at least we will see him want to beat up a goalkeeper. Hope Pepe Reina returns the PL next season...

I doubt he will be a Walter though. Right now he is landing somewhere in between Walter and Nuno, which isn't what we wanted but until shit starts to happen have no clue where he is. We could easily go and get a Conte type and watch him fail. One of the names banded around on this forum, Gerrard has similar experience to Lage and that is in a Division where you beat 1 team twice, you are winning the league
As I've said, I'd have backed Gerrard based on how they played in Yerp and the cachet his name brings.

Who the fuck is Bruno Lage? Who wants to sign for him?

I bet we get a load of Carlos Vinicius/Gedson Fernandes/Goncalo Guedes style signings which again, are shit.

Nuno who was in a Champions League winning squad as a player, then managed in the Champions League. Pretty sure as a Championship club he'd have been ok attracting players.

We're getting in some guy who never played professionally and has spent most of his coaching career putting out cones.

I don't think we can downplay his Portuguese league win as meaningless though

Would you write down Roberto di Matteo's Champions League win as meaningless? I would.

I loved Nuno but for clarity, I'm far more annoyed by who it is we're replacing him with. Utter nonsense.

He was fine for attracting Jota, Neves and Boly as he knew them. So many quotes from the players here that they had no clue who he was when he arrived. Guess they are not that much into reserve goalkeepers and foreign leagues (might be why Nash gets on with them).

I think we are moving away from the Head Coach has the final say and copying what the big clubs do. DoF (for us a Sellars/Mendes hybrid) brings in the players regardless of the coach or in some cases, signing when they don't even have one. I think that is one of the reasons behind Nuno leaving as he wouldn't agree to that.

I don't think we can downplay his Portuguese league win as meaningless though
RDM won a Champions League. Meaningless no, but he did do it at the biggest club in Portugal. Having the worst run in their history the season after isn't meaningless either. He's got the job for one reason and one reason only. He may turn out to be wonderful, but let's not pretend his track record is why he has the gig

RDM won a Champions League. Meaningless no, but he did do it at the biggest club in Portugal. Having the worst run in their history the season after isn't meaningless either. He's got the job for one reason and one reason only. He may turn out to be wonderful, but let's not pretend his track record is why he has the gig
Most games without winning at home (5 games). In that "terrible run" his League record was Won 4, Drew 2, Lost 4. (yes I know "but it's a 3 horse town" and "but, Benfica)
If we are going to go all hyperbolic can we at least get the facts right?

Their new boss Jesus wasn't the saviour, just a naughty boy... "It is the worst Benfica of the last 20 years. I don’t remember a team playing as badly as this year. The season starts with an investment of 100 M €, the players who made the difference (Rafa and Pizzi) they fell and Jesus cannot change anything. “

Is it really likely that a multi billion £ company have just accepted the next unemployed manager on Mendes list? I'm not particularly defending the guy as I know little about him. He might be great, on the other hand, if you read what's on here there's no point saving for his Xmas pressies.
the idea that Jeff has just accepted him with no consideration is ludicrous though, if only because get this wrong and his jobs in the line.

Sure, here are the facts.

P10 W2 D4 L4

Doesn't look so flash now, does it.

Is it really likely that a multi billion £ company have just accepted the next unemployed manager on Mendes list? I'm not particularly defending the guy as I know little about him. He might be great, on the other hand, if you read what's on here there's no point saving for his Xmas pressies.
the idea that Jeff has just accepted him with no consideration is ludicrous though, if only because get this wrong and his jobs in the line.
It's exactly what has happened. We've not interviewed anybody else. The trust is all in Mendes.

What's incorrect?
"Having the worst run in their history" leads the uneducated to think that they went on some horror run and were lucky to survive. Not winning a home game in 5 attempts is just "normal Wolves stuff" over here

That is their league record between 8 Feb and 29 June.

I omitted them getting knocked out of the Europa League earlier than Wolves, sorry.

"Having the worst run in their history" leads the uneducated to think that they went on some horror run and were lucky to survive. Not winning a home game in 5 attempts is just "normal Wolves stuff" over here
Unless you can correct me otherwise it was the worst run in their history. I can't say with 100% confidence that's correct, but it's definitely what's out there

It's exactly what has happened. We've not interviewed anybody else. The trust is all in Mendes.
So the interview was a chat about the weather? The way this is being pitched is that Jeff has accepted what Jorge has said with no consideration at all. Almost like if Jorge had said "Dean Saunders is your man" Jeff would have accepted it without question.

I just don't believe that's what happened or that Jeff gets to be that high up in Fosun making decisions in that way. Likewise, I don't think Jeff's superiors have said "Believe everything that Jorge tells you".

Back