• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Chelsea apparently have a fair few on the ‘transfer list’
Bakayoko
Drinkwater
Barkley
RLC
Zappacosta

to name a few. Should we be looking at any?

Nope, all crap. Well RLC has ability but he's done nothing in ages.

B9F71AD9-57D2-4816-BB21-5653DB8DD5AA.jpeg

Played over 30 games for Barcelona last season.

Forgot

Tammy
Michy

personally dependent on whether we are playing a 2 up top I’d be interested in Tammy, price dependent Ofcourse

vast majority of chelsea players are likely to be on inflated wages too.
even so, we should actively run away from any listed so far! none would improve us imo.

There's a good player in Bakayoko, played regularly for Napoli, Milan and Monaco on loan from Chelsea over the last 3 seasons.

He's big, quick and imposing, could be exactly the sort of player we are looking for.

There's a good player in Bakayoko, played regularly for Napoli, Milan and Monaco on loan from Chelsea over the last 3 seasons.

He's big, quick and imposing, could be exactly the sort of player we are looking for.
Alternatively all three of them had him for a year and didn't want to keep him :D

He looked beyond terrible when he played in the Premier League. That performance at Watford is one of the worst I've ever seen at this level.

Alternatively all three of them had him for a year and didn't want to keep him :D

He looked beyond terrible when he played in the Premier League. That performance at Watford is one of the worst I've ever seen at this level.
He did look poor in the Premier league, but he has been good since, and was good before Chelsea too. I think the 40mill fee put off all three clubs who are hardly rolling in the cash at the moment,

We can hardly be picky at the moment, we're skint, and i think we'd get him on loan or at a reduced fee, he fits the profile as being a N'Diaye max, he was a regular for Napoli last season, a side that came 5th in Serie A, i'd certainly prefer us to sign him over Yokuslu.

Bakayoko's manager at Monaco, Leonardo Jardim, said: "He wins a lot of balls, brings balance to the team. He passes the ball well and wins his duels. That is Bakayoko's role."

France manager Didier Deschamps described Bakayoko as "a complete midfielder", and said: "He has an important athletic presence, he's good at recovery, he scores decisive goals and is able to project himself."

His manager at Milan, Gennaro Gattuso, said that Bakayoko plays as a deep-lying midfielder in an atypical way, because sometimes prefers to point and go past the opponent instead of launching the ball, so creating a numerical advantage in favour of his team.

Not that it's ever worth listening to Deschamps, but Bakayoko has scored 10 league goals in his entire 8 year career, and never more than two in a season...

I know the tweet saying Araujo was coming from a silly account but reading up on him he sounds quite good tbf (I can't remember seeing him play last season but his numbers are decent overall)

Back