• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Bollocks, admit it you are waiting for a blue one

I have a supply of blue felt tip pens just in case it never actually happens.

It is something I need to sort out, I just well, haven't.

See, experienced.

I will not be at the away leg (I do not have a valid passport as travel was not on the agenda for quite some time, for various reasons) but any Torino fans who want any tips, we'll try to help.
Its insane the uk doesnt have id cards

I don't drive. Ethical reasons.

In the eu drivers license and bank cards are not accepted as valid id outside their countries of origin. If youre british you need an international passport to go to spain on holidays, I assume theyd accept drivers license for ireland and scotland

Scotland is the same country from an International perspective ie UK and NI

It has more to do with the actual flight and airline/airport rules

In the eu drivers license and bank cards are not accepted as valid id outside their countries of origin. If youre british you need an international passport to go to spain on holidays, I assume theyd accept drivers license for ireland and scotland
Needing a passport to travel internationally? The nerve!

Didn’t have to show my passport or any ID when I flew to Belfast or on return.
That's unusual, normally have to show at least a driving license when flying with Flybe or easyJet from Birmingham.

You can also fly with driving license to Ireland (at least until end of October), channel Islands and IoM.

Needing a passport to travel internationally? The nerve!
All other eu countries you only need an id card (looks exactly like a drivers license) to cross the border, I think the uk are the only odd ones out. Super convinient, fits in your wallet, less of a target to get stolen, etc.

This is accurate on paper, but try boarding a plane without having id

Driving or walking is fine (except the mythical Swiss border, still get asked there every now and again).

Planes you always need proper ID card or passport even in Schengen.

I needed my passport in Germany to fly to France and vice versa.

I drove from Calais to Ostrava via Saarbrucken, Salzburg and Bratislava and didn't get stopped once for ID.

Driving or walking is fine (except the mythical Swiss border, still get asked there every now and again).

That just reminds me of the Brexiteers on Twitter who like to point out when they ski over the Swiss Border and there is no Border Patrol.

Back