• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Doesn't seem very likely right now and in any case, this is the here and now. He isn't there :)

I thought this was interesting so looked into it.

Everton in - Kean, Gbamin, Delph plus Gomes who was on loan. Out Gueye, Lookman, Vlasic.
West Ham in - Haller, Fornals. out - Arnautovic, Obiang
Leicester in - Pérez, Justin, plus Tielemans from loan. Out - Maguire
Wolves in - Cutrone, Vallejo, Neto, Jordao, plus Jiminez and Dendoncker from loan. Out - Hause, Costa and Cavaleiro.

Everton and West Ham and us are stronger, though not ridiculously - and Leicester are probably weaker.

It is interesting. Not sure Everton are stronger unless they bring in a centre half. They've lost Zouma and while Jagielka was past his best he's not there which means they are basically left with Keane and Mina who have their own issues and Holgate/Pennington aren't good enough imo.

West Ham are definitely stronger but they will still be West Ham and have games where Anderson, Lanzini etc don't turn up.

Leicester are slightly stronger going forward with Perez but are definitely weaker without Maguire, it will be interesting to see if they replace him or Rodgers sticks with Benkovic and Soyuncu.

We're stronger both defensively and offensively but haven't added that midfielder it looks like we might need at times. More games too but i think we can cope with them. If we get it right i think we should finish higher than the other 3 and seriously challenge for 4th/5th/6th. Another quality signing would back that up.

Good point, I missed loans ending (and didn’t think Jags was a loss tbh)

Probably puts Everton about evens then - Gueye and Gbamin probably similar, stronger in attack, weaker in defence
Gbamin is highly rated but Gueye is legitimately the next best defensive mid in the world behind Kante. That has to go down as a net loss right now.

Gueye is legitimately the next best defensive mid in the world behind Kante

giphy.gif

He was definitely the best DM in the Prem last season statistically. The world... Well that's a big claim.

Fernandinho
Rodri
Busquets
Casemiro
Partey
Fabinho

Gueye isn't close to them, not even remotely. That's just six off the top of my head.

Anyone fancy swapping him for Neves? I think you'll get a take up rate of 0% there.

Fernandinho
Rodri
Busquets
Casemiro
Partey
Fabinho

Gueye isn't close to them, not even remotely. That's just six off the top of my head.

Anyone fancy swapping him for Neves? I think you'll get a take up rate of 0% there.

Well that’s my evening made

Fernandinho
Rodri
Busquets
Casemiro
Partey
Fabinho

I wouldn't take any of them over Gueye. Certainly not the likes of Ferny and Casemiro. Fabinho, Rodri, and Partey are at least close.

Comparing Gana to Neves is apples and oranges.

I wouldn't take any of them over Gueye. Certainly not the likes of Ferny and Casemiro. Fabinho, Rodri, and Partey are at least close.

Come on Alan!!

Also I didn’t realise he’s 29

Also we’ve been linked with Rugani by the daily mail (but looks like a rehash of the Italian website story)

Clearly Gueye is more underrated here than I anticipated!

He’s a good player, Everton will miss him but I think you are still way off!!

Gueye is decent enough. Every pass is an adventure though.

Poor man's Wanyama (before Big Vic broke).

Goodness me.

Gueye is a ball winner and that's it. That does not make him one of the best defensive midfielders on the planet. Fernandinho is on a different planet altogether.

Gueye is decent enough. Every pass is an adventure though.

Poor man's Wanyama (before Big Vic broke).
I mean, he completes the same percentage of his passes as Moutinho (and better than Ruben, too!) but hey ho.

He's basically the epitome if true defensive mid for me. Endless engine, safe passer, positionally sound, and can even play a good long ball when required.

Back