• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs (H) 4/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened to Bueno? Is he injured?

Yes, he went off last night in the first half.

Looks like a hamstring in which case forget him for any of the games this month.

That was in 2018! Against Burton Albion. What a crazy day hah. The last time I was there was against Cardiff. Great game, 2-0 to us.

Can't say I'm looking forward to that crazy weather, no.
I had an horrific hangover that day, hopefully I manage to speak to you more than the mumbled rubbish I came up with that day 😅

If Cunha is fit enough to start we need to go back to the Hexagon that worked well against Fulham.

Even if he's not we should be playing Podence further forwards alongside Raul to play that Cunha role.

................................ Sa

Semedo..... Dawson..... Collins..... RAN

.................... Lemina.... Neves

...... Sarabia.............................. Nunes

................. Jimenez...... Cunha

Up for my 4th game this season - hope its warmer than the last one, but by the sound of it it maynot be.

Back 4 as above though Kilman/Collins doesn't really make that much difference.

Just no Adama please

Think its time to bin Adama off now. Every time he comes on, we all anticipate that he'll produce the goods, but now he has a deal lined up, he's not bothered. Raul will never be the player he was and not helped by having very little support. Not sure how we can get enough goals to secure safety, the only consolation being that there are 3 teams worse than us.....for the time being !!

Saturday 3pm kick off against a Champions League team.

We're no longer managed by a complete goon.

Less than 48 hours to kick off.

Tickets available in every single stand. Impossible to get in though, wish the club would do something about that...

h7hdpPS.png

I don't understand people who suggest formations with Raul up front on his own . He needs to play with someone else . He hates playing on his own up front , bring asked to hold it up etc .

--------------------Sa--------------------

Semedo-------Dawson-----Kilman---Ait-Nouri

-------------------Lemina---Neves-----------

------Sarabia-----Podence----Cunha----------

---------------------Raul-----------------------

I don't understand people who suggest formations with Raul up front on his own . He needs to play with someone else . He hates playing on his own up front , bring asked to hold it up etc .
Tony Towner dislikes this.

He's not on his own in my formation, you have a 10 and 2 inside forwards

I like the formatting which inadvertently suggests you've hung poor old Nelson out to dry down the entire one side of the pitch, à la Dave Jones and Lee Naylor in the early part of 2002/3.

BLOODYHELLSEMEDO!

This is the formation I think we should be going with and thats the players we have available that fit. I actually think Nunes might do well as one of the two but he hasn't done enough to oust Lemina.
Don't think JL has employed this formation yet has he?

This is the formation I think we should be going with and thats the players we have available that fit. I actually think Nunes might do well as one of the two but he hasn't done enough to oust Lemina.
Don't think JL has employed this formation yet has he?
In the way it looks on paper you could say he did last night and against Southampton, but neither Nunes or Moutinho suit the roles they were given

I don't really think Podence is a #10, I'm sure Lage tried him there more than once and it looked shit (but then it was Lage, and it was Podence, where you never know what you're going to get).

Cunha fits that role though you'd think, and we absolutely have to get Sarabia involved more centrally. If he's parked right out wide as he was last night then he won't look any good.

Podence isn’t a #10. He has none of the required attributes.

He has some use when he can be arsed drifting in from wide.

Podence isn’t usually anything for any more than 30 seconds a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back